Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #141
I, Vettezuki

Had a small misunderstanding. The motor coming does NOT have ported heads. Ron was referring to Guy's builder's heads. So, at this point we basically need to raise $300.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 12-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #142
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Had a small misunderstanding. The motor coming does NOT have ported heads. Ron was referring to Guy's builder's heads. So, at this point we basically need to raise $300.
Need $200 from sales or contribution to get heads.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 12-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #143

I apologize for being scarce lately, I have been off running the 25 hours of thunderhill with 949 racing. We took 1st and 3rd in E2, and beat everything in E0/1/2/3, so in other words huge success. Fortunately/unfortunately, my work there didn't go entirely unrecognized, and more potential opportunities are coming up, so I may continue to be around less than I would like. You may have to degrade me to more of a maybe for future happenings. Though I would still love to help when and where my schedule will allow.

Good luck with the build, I will still try to add helpful thoughts here and there, and hope to make it to a build day or two, but I have no idea where I'll be, or what I'll be doing over the coming months.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #144
Fast & Filthy

Taylor just dropped off the engine.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #145
Internet Tough Guy

Hey Guys,
I'm back. Ben give me a call lets talk progress and plans.
CNJ
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter

Old 12-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #146
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Hey Guys,
I'm back. Ben give me a call lets talk progress and plans.
CNJ
I'm waiting for a flight at Narita now. I have to hit the ground running as soon as I'm back in the states, but I'll try to call this weekend. Are you underway again on Monday?

Basic update:
We Have
Car (at blackax's house)
8.8" disc brake axle (I have)
Long Block (Ron has, just received)
Dizzy (Ron has)
New Cam (Ron has)

Shaolin has many bits and pieces to finish engine and fuel system (maybe transferred to Ron already), as well as seats in February or so, hopefully.

The interior of the car could sell for around $225~ according to Shaolin.

Presently we have about $100 to work with.

Stuff needed, roughly in order.
The Fully rebuilt heads (ported, Chevy valves, new springs, etc.) cost $300 and is the next thing to get so the engine can be assembled at one time before installation. They are done, so it's just money.

The engine needs a f/w.

Front spindles from a 94/95 are needed. (Needs confirmation because we got an 8.8" from a different model that's slightly wider, so I'm not sure if we need this year's spindles still to be able to buy commonly available take off sets of stock tires or not. Guy?)

Ron has/had a line on a set of stock mustang wheels and tires for $250 that'll fit the 8.8 correctly.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 12-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #147
pain's fun, hit me again

94/95 spindles no matter what. I'm gonna drop the parts off sunday on the way to mission inn
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!

Old 12-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #148
pain's fun, hit me again

One thing is I talked to Ron and we're both on the same page with the car. With it being the holidays and having a year to get the car running, as well as our own very time consuming projects we're going to hold off on any real labor with the car until out schedules permits. Ron needs to finish his exploder and I need to get the 88 running at minimum and hopefully sprayed end of january. After that we'll have most hands on deck and that way we dont need to stress during the holidays about anything more then needed.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!

Old 12-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #149
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
One thing is I talked to Ron and we're both on the same page with the car. With it being the holidays and having a year to get the car running, as well as our own very time consuming projects we're going to hold off on any real labor with the car until out schedules permits. Ron needs to finish his exploder and I need to get the 88 running at minimum and hopefully sprayed end of january. After that we'll have most hands on deck and that way we dont need to stress during the holidays about anything more then needed.
We've made some progress. I didn't expect much extra labor until January. Since we only have $100, I could wait until an additional $200 is accumulated for the heads, or order the FW which is a known entity. Additionally, if anyone get's a hard-on to do some labor over the Holidays, I'm happy to set aside a day or two to do some monkey work like pulling the existing rear end and engine, etc., but I won't work by myself.

NOTE: SoCal has two (2) events in 2012. The one at Buttonwillow is in June, the one in December is out in the dessert somewhere.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 12-10-2011, 02:22 AM   #150
pain's fun, hit me again

That is still plenty of time to get it going. I can probably have the stock rear end out in 30min if the bolts cooperate, maybe Aaron should go shoot pb-blaster on them now

Stopping the world!