Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #131
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
You're underestimating Corvette's position, which I base on GM's own marketing and press conferences. There's a reason the C7 design and marketing has gone the direction it has. When your average buyer creeps up in age with each generation, now at 58, you have an issue you have to address and that's where they're at. Further consider how bad the fundamentals are for their historic demographic. The reality is a LOT of people who bought Vettes are not actually rich by any means, but sort of middle-middle to upper-middle class (they ain't the Ferrari crow) and MANY of these guys have lost their moderately higher paying jobs and their houses are no longer ATMs. . .and that is NOT coming back to them. Corvette has a tough road ahead, though I certainly think they're making the right moves overall. Whether it's enough to put them back into a sweet spot or not, I'm not sure. No way in hell as many guys in their 20s and 30s are as hot to get a Vette when they're in the 40s and 50s as used to be the case. There's just WAY more competition for one thing, and tons of these younger guys grew up in the import era, not the domestic/muscle car era. On the flip side with more styling, interior refinement and RHD models, they may start selling much better around the world as novelty. Unfortunately Europe in particular has brutal import tarrifs that sort of wreck the performance value of a Vette. Japan doesn't though and they've bought way more C6s than any previous generation. The C7 might do relatively well there and of course Australia. China could be an interesting case as they have an exploding middle class and in some ways a culture similar to Americans . . loud and brash. They love their Cadillacs and Buicks that's for sure.
There is no new information in this post Ben. You can't put a sale decline of a model that is nearing end of production run during the worst economic downturn since the great depression solely on an aging demographic.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 01-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #132
Internet Tough Guy

This is usually where the lets race shit starts. I have a feeling that a trip to the Roval is well beyond what the Mustang fanboys can muster.

Guy & Ron, how about a Motorgen mustang track day? I will run the 5.0 with a tune and old tires off the Vette. I know I have an unfair advantage based on the fact that I will be driving my car and you two will be driving your own. I would be willing to slow down for a few laps to allow a lead follow training session.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #133
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
There is no new information in this post Ben. You can't put a sale decline of a model that is nearing end of production run during the worst economic downturn since the great depression solely on an aging demographic.
I didn't say they were going to disappear in the next couple years. I said they need to pay attention to their constantly aging buyer demographic for reasons I hope I don't have to break out the crayons to explain and reverse the trend.

You know who else says this? GM.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #134

Quote:
Again, do you or have you ever owned or driven a Corvette? Have you ever raced any car competitively? I have owned two Mustangs. They don't compare. I can understand your confusion though, because driving a car that "sparks fly under heavy load" is your style.
You've misread. Let me clarify. My style isn't to spend money ahead of time before something breaks. Immediately after this happened I replaced them with adequate parts, you must have just missed it.

I have owned one, an older one but this was 15 years ago, and driven a c5. I do not see how this does or does not qualify me. I have sat in a c6. I don't need hours of r&d or seat time to know I don't think I want to sink my money into a vette as I wouldn't be happy. I'm currently in the process of selling the mustang as I no longer think it suits my current tastes either.

I don't fault you for livin the vette dream but clearly your aim is to change the minds of those who do not like it as you do, or berate and belittle those who you realize you will not convert. Appreciate what you appreciate man. I haven't attacked anyone or made the derogatory comments, rather posed my consumer based opinion and you called me out. Neat.

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #135
Internet Tough Guy

I have no gain or desire to convert or sway your opinion.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #136
I, Vettezuki

Carlos, purely out of curiosity, as you're moving your Vette to pure race car status, if it wasn't a Vette what would be your 2nd choice within what you can afford?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #137
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Carlos, purely out of curiosity, as you're moving your Vette to pure race car status, if it wasn't a Vette what would be your 2nd choice within what you can afford?
Well I bought a new 5.0 for a reason . I wanted a new car to cruise and to take the lady out in. It's hard getting the valet to park the dually.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #138
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
This is usually where the lets race shit starts. I have a feeling that a trip to the Roval is well beyond what the Mustang fanboys can muster.

Guy & Ron, how about a Motorgen mustang track day? I will run the 5.0 with a tune and old tires off the Vette. I know I have an unfair advantage based on the fact that I will be driving my car and you two will be driving your own. I would be willing to slow down for a few laps to allow a lead follow training session.
It'll be a little while before I'm ready to do the Roval. I just dropped the engine in today and still have to save up to have it tuned. Then I have to get some new track tires.

Have you run the 5.0 on the Roval yet? If so what did it run? I ran a 2:02 in the Cobra with the rear brakes not working.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #139
Internet Tough Guy

I ran a 2:02 100% stock with a passenger. I did drop the air pressure to 32# hot. I even worked over a Gallardo and ZL1.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #140
Internet Tough Guy

I met with Moti from Black bird fabrication and I will be taking the Corvette to get a Cage as soon as I'm done paying for the wedding.