Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #1301
I, Vettezuki

I guess you are > 3,300 lbs full wet and < 620 WHP.

Booooom!

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #1302
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Schorr metals will do it?
That's where I got my Vette weighed.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #1303
Super Moderator

Formal Invitation:
To suck a dick!! Haha

Ok fine maybe shes a bit heavier than yours, your girl does get more exercise!

Im just kidding about the dyno day. Of course I can afford it, but until I land a FT job Im staying on my fiscal diet. Btw that employment law guy was just trying to scam free work out of me, tempting me with the prospect of FT employment... he succeeded.

Found out every single lawyer/ clerk/ intern he employed at his firm graduated from Chapman. And the girl who got the job over me had less experience, but went to Chapman. I only found out accidentally by reading a trail of an email from his secretary, who CC'd the new girl, and by doing some research. Funny he was trying to get ME to do the appeal for one of his biggest cases (challenging work) and not this new girl. Which tells me he had more respect for the work I had done, but not enough to sacrifice his alumni cult.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #1304
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I guess you are > 3,300 lbs full wet and < 620 WHP.

Booooom!
Thats more than I was guessing, 720 engine hp equals 600 whp. You thought I was predicting 720 whp?? Come on man Im not a ricer, ha

My dyno guess thread I guessed 500 whp, because when it comes to hp figures people are usually disappointed.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #1305
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
My dyno guess thread I guessed 500 whp, because when it comes to hp figures people are usually disappointed.
Not me, I've always been right where I thought. When I first put the 454 in the Chevelle and finished tuning it I wanted to make sure that the AFR was good. So I took it with me when I had the Cobra tuned back in 2004. We did the Cobra first and then the Chevelle. Steve asked me what I thought it would make and I said right around what the Cobra did on the race fuel tune which was 450rwhp and he said that it would probably only make around 350rwhp. After he made the pull he had a big smile on his face. It made 461rwhp and 460rwtq and the AFR hovered around 12.7-12.8. It made me feel proud of my build.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #1306
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Thats more than I was guessing, 720 engine hp equals 600 whp. You thought I was predicting 720 whp?? Come on man Im not a ricer, ha

Yes, I thought you were saying now (intercooler, proper tune, more boost) that you were at 720WHP. I'd put you close to 600hp. I think I had you around 580 or something before. I was being generous but I thought it was plausible all things considered. But yeah, I thought you were saying 720 now, and I was saying like, uh, no.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #1307
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . . Found out every single lawyer/ clerk/ intern he employed at his firm graduated from Chapman. And the girl who got the job over me had less experience, but went to Chapman. I only found out accidentally by reading a trail of an email from his secretary, who CC'd the new girl, and by doing some research. Funny he was trying to get ME to do the appeal for one of his biggest cases (challenging work) and not this new girl. Which tells me he had more respect for the work I had done, but not enough to sacrifice his alumni cult.
People make odd economic decisions all the time. Let the market deal with him. You'll end up with a big boy firm, I'm 100% sure of it. You're as smart as any of the retainers I've brushed with here and the FTC guys are something crazy like $10,000/day or more,plus some other pile of BS.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #1308
Super Moderator

Thanks man
Old 04-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #1309
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Not me, I've always been right where I thought. When I first put the 454 in the Chevelle and finished tuning it I wanted to make sure that the AFR was good. So I took it with me when I had the Cobra tuned back in 2004. We did the Cobra first and then the Chevelle. Steve asked me what I thought it would make and I said right around what the Cobra did on the race fuel tune which was 450rwhp and he said that it would probably only make around 350rwhp. After he made the pull he had a big smile on his face. It made 461rwhp and 460rwtq and the AFR hovered around 12.7-12.8. It made me feel proud of my build.
Well, you know what you're doing, which tends to help with making estimates. But I've to agree with Adam generally, people tend to get a little overly generous about what they think their tweaks are going to add. When it comes to dynos, or anything car related, I'm more of the "show me" don't "tell me" camp. Most of the guys here have their head screwed on straight, but serious fantasizing is pretty common around the interwebs.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #1310
Super Moderator

And back to my ques, my car how fast? Suppose its on the conservative ends, 3300lbs and 550 wheel horsepower. With 19" drag radials and Ron driving