Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #1201
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Sale are up. There is even a new billboard downtown advertising ARM Loans. People don't learn.
That's more concerning. On the up side, qualifying is MUCH harder and more rigorous than it was before.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #1202
pain's fun, hit me again

Well that sucks, unless I start making buku bucks i'll have to put my housing plans off for a while it seems.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #1203
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Well that sucks, unless I start making buku bucks i'll have to put my housing plans off for a while it seems.
Do you enjoy or are you at least capable of basic construction/handy man type stuff? If so, you can find "fixer uppers" or houses that need "TLC" for an ok discount, though they are getting chewed up by flippers now.

This all might just be a flash in the pan and settle out once liquidity gets used.* In any event, save for a 20% down to stay conventional and avoid PMI and other hassls if you can, find a house that needs a little attention in an ok neighborhood and you *might* be able to find something that wouldn't break the bank, especially if you were willing to go out a little ways towards Fontana/Riverside. This is where a lot of people get really fucked up. A house is not really an asset, it's a liability sucking money and time away. It's only an asset if you're renting for positive cash flow or at the time (and only at the time) you sell it for a profit. Always assuming the price of real property will be higher in the future just cuz is not all that bright. A few million people have had there asses handed to them in the last couple years on that little error.

*Liquidity
The banks are flush with cash. If they open the flood gates (lowering requirements for example) for whatever reason(s), all bets are off, property values would sky rocket to who knows where. On a tangent, there's already some signs of general inflation (and definitely in the producer prices area). Fortunately productivity is always increasing and people and banks on the whole are a "little" more careful on the spending side than before, so things might stay reasonably under wraps, but no guarantees. The gun is loaded, it's just matter if we're going to put it to our heads and pull the trigger.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #1204
Super Moderator

Ben, your house is freaking awesome. And your wife is awesome enough to allow you two project rooms. Dont cry.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #1205
Super Moderator

Omg omg omg plasti dip is sooo amazing omg Im gonna spray my lights and my wheels and my trim panels and my entire car and my cock and balls with it omg.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #1206
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Omg omg omg plasti dip is sooo amazing omg Im gonna spray my lights and my wheels and my trim panels and my entire car and my cock and balls with it omg.
Instead of benching, one day, you and Carlos should have a drunk posting contest. . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #1207
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Ben, your house is freaking awesome. And your wife is awesome enough to allow you two project rooms. Dont cry.
I do like it , and location to work is about as good as it gets. Gonna do a patio room conversion, and pick up a couple hundred square feet. There some really nice product on the market that makes them pretty nice, like a pleasant sun room. Gonna continue with making the garage a nice shop space and keep the snake here.

I was worried about some safety issues, but in the last year or so the Koreans have been moving in big time and displacing some of the riff-raff in surrounding neighborhoods. There's already a nice Asian market here now (across from Nick's loaded with goodies round-eyes aren't hip to.) We'll see how it goes, but it should work for at least a few more years.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-27-2013, 01:03 AM   #1208
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Do you enjoy or are you at least capable of basic construction/handy man type stuff? If so, you can find "fixer uppers" or houses that need "TLC" for an ok discount, though they are getting chewed up by flippers now.

This all might just be a flash in the pan and settle out once liquidity gets used.* In any event, save for a 20% down to stay conventional and avoid PMI and other hassls if you can, find a house that needs a little attention in an ok neighborhood and you *might* be able to find something that wouldn't break the bank, especially if you were willing to go out a little ways towards Fontana/Riverside. This is where a lot of people get really fucked up. A house is not really an asset, it's a liability sucking money and time away. It's only an asset if you're renting for positive cash flow or at the time (and only at the time) you sell it for a profit. Always assuming the price of real property will be higher in the future just cuz is not all that bright. A few million people have had there asses handed to them in the last couple years on that little error.

*Liquidity
The banks are flush with cash. If they open the flood gates (lowering requirements for example) for whatever reason(s), all bets are off, property values would sky rocket to who knows where. On a tangent, there's already some signs of general inflation (and definitely in the producer prices area). Fortunately productivity is always increasing and people and banks on the whole are a "little" more careful on the spending side than before, so things might stay reasonably under wraps, but no guarantees. The gun is loaded, it's just matter if we're going to put it to our heads and pull the trigger.
My dream is to find a ample piece of land in Glendora and build my house with my own hands, I have the skillset and the ability, just not the money.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #1209
I, Vettezuki

There's loans for land + construction like anything else and you could theoretically do for less if you had all the right connections and a lot of patience to work through all the hoops. My family back in Wisconin has done this sort of thing several times. My favorite story is a distant cousin who bought 40 acres heavily forested with hard woods. He thinned the hardwoods (mostly maple) and sold for high grade lumber damn near the purchase price of the land. Scratching around in the middle to make a clearing he discovered the water table there was pretty high so made himself a little lake. In WI, you can buy stockers basically free, so he put in like a couple thousand fish for like $100 or something ridiculous like that. Of course, that was a one time deal, never have to do that again since he's about the only one fishing there. Naturall there are all the deer you could ant (too many in fact), etc. Then a cottage on the river that runs along the back. All in, said an done, basically he has a private 40 acre park for well under $100k.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-27-2013, 01:59 AM   #1210
pain's fun, hit me again

I have the connections, buddies who own rental companies, only thing I would really have to contract out is someone to pour the concrete for the rebar reinforced walls. Everything else i can do.

Stopping the world!