Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #1

Default video editing tools

hey guys. i got a camera for the motorcycle but i need help trying to find a free editing software. anyone know anything?
Old 07-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Did you check the disc that came with the camera? Sometimes they include a simple editor. I've never used it, but apparently Windows XP and later come with a basic video editing software called "Movie Maker".

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #3

GoPro didn't come with any disk..
Old 07-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

http://www.desktop-video-guide.com/t...re-review.html

They list the standards of Movie Makier and iMovie, but I didn't know Avid had a free software.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #5

cool.. i found the movie makier program but now i'm having problems downloading the movie to my Photobucket account and to youtube. it is only 8 minutes long but it never finishes downloading. can you provide any info on that?
Old 07-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy racer View Post
cool.. i found the movie makier program but now i'm having problems downloading the movie to my Photobucket account and to youtube. it is only 8 minutes long but it never finishes downloading. can you provide any info on that?

You mean uploading to? The most likely candidate is size. How big is your source file? Check YT and PB size restrictions. Also, huge file transfers just have a highly probability of crapping out regardless.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #7

its saying 1.34GP.. i just don't understand how people can upload to youtube 20 to 24 minutes of video but my 8 minute one can't even get half way.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy racer View Post
its saying 1.34GP.. i just don't understand how people can upload to youtube 20 to 24 minutes of video but my 8 minute one can't even get half way.
That's an enormous file. Unless you have a fast connection it would take hours, if not the better part of a day to upload. You might just be choking out. YT used to have a limit of 9 minutes until you had a certain number of subscribers, not sure if that is true anymore. A lot of guys are probably (I would hope) compressing their videos before uploading. YT uses flash. I don't know of a free flash video encoder, but there might be one. I think there are free Mpeg4 or other good video compressors available for free. That will knock your file down to probably 100MB+-. The upload will happen much faster and most likely be successful.

I don't do it this way (I use premiere and export flash), so you need to a little homework to make sure YT accept MP4 uploads or whatever you decide to use, but something like this might make a world of difference for you.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/ffdshow.htm

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #9

damn this computer shit. i just need to stick with racing cars.