Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
Neanderthal

Default Darlene's New Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm

Well, after 2.5 years of paying this off- the Gun shop finally called me and stated we needed to finish paying for the gun.

So, I got an advance on the labor of the engine I'm building and paid off the gun.

Here's what she picks up on the 24th after 1:30 pm:

Double Action
Calibers: 9x19 mm Luger/Para and .40S&W
Weight unloaded: 780-800 g
Length: 193 mm
Barrel length: 102 mm
Capacity: 17 (9mm) or 14 (.40) rounds
10 rounds (9mm) Calif.

The PX4 Storm pistol is the latest addition to Beretta's line of semiautomatic pistols. The PX4 is designed using most modern concepts in combat handguns, such as maximum flexibility, most modern polymer materials, and most popular calibers. Available in the USA since late 2004, this pistol is an obvious attempt of the famous Italian company to regain its position on the US market.
Technically, the PX4 pistol is a further development of the Beretta 8000 Cougar series pistols. PX4 pistol uses same recoil operated, locked breech system with rotating barrel. Much like the Cougar, the PX4 has a special frame insert with top- projecting stud, which causes the barrel to rotate on recoil to unlock from the slide. This insert is mounted on the recoil spring guide rod, and is spring-buffered to reduce peak recoil, which is transferred from barrel to frame. The frame is made from high strength polymer, with dual disassembly buttons, located on both sides of the frame, ahead of the trigger guard. To remove the slide and barrel, one must unload the pistol, then push both buttons inward and then pull the slide forward and off the frame. The slide stop levers are situated on both sides of the frame and are ergonomically shaped. Modular trigger system of PX4 Storm pistol is available in four basic models: Type F - conventional double action with manual safety/decocker; Type D - double action only, less safety or decocker, with spurless hammer; Type G - conventional double action with manual decocker and no safety; and Type C - with so called "constant action" and spurless hammer (sort of DAO system with less trigger pull weight). In the F and D modifications, safety / decocker levers are located on both sides of the slide. The grip of the PX4 has removable backstraps; each gun is supplied with three backstraps of different sizes, so the actual grip can be adapted to most shooters. The frame also features a standard Picatinny-type accessory rail as a standard. Magazine capacity is 17 rounds of 9mm ammo or 14 rounds of .40SW ammo. With optional extended capacity magazine baseplates (also available from Beretta), capacity is increased to impressive 20 rounds of 9mm or 17 rounds of .40SW.

The funny part is I don' remember if it's a F, D, G or C. I think it is the F.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 06-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
Neanderthal

I forgot what a pain in the ass it was to buy a gun in California.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 06-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

The "Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms" should be a convenience store, not a government agency. - kdracer73

My brother has the PX4Storm and love sit. BTW, I don't have the dies or plate, but do have a source for nearly infinite amounts of once fired .40 S&W brass. I've thought of going with a .40 myself for this reason. The thing is the base plate for the press only does .40 and 10mm, so not super flexible. Anyway, it'll still be a while til I buy. I'll talk with Guy to help hook me up with a somewhat cheaper used .45 probably, or maybe German police used (barely) Sig 9mm, which can be had for under $400 sometimes.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The "Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms" should be a convenience store, not a government agency. - kdracer73

My brother has the PX4Storm and love sit. BTW, I don't have the dies or plate, but do have a source for nearly infinite amounts of once fired .40 S&W brass. I've thought of going with a .40 myself for this reason. The thing is the base plate for the press only does .40 and 10mm, so not super flexible. Anyway, it'll still be a while til I buy. I'll talk with Guy to help hook me up with a somewhat cheaper used .45 probably, or maybe German police used (barely) Sig 9mm, which can be had for under $400 sometimes.
40 is a good round.

I've picked up a few hundred cases 45 and 9mm at the Firing line just off the floor. I lot of cops go in with 40s.

40 is going to be my next auto loader. That's after the 460 SW.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 06-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

I would like to load 308 and 5.56 next. But Ben if you get a 40 we could look into getting the equipment to load it. I have at least a few hundred pieces of 40 brass.

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

One thing I learned about the .40 a while back is that it came from the 10mm. The 10 was going to replace the 9mm as a service piece, but with the higher charge was more powerful than necessary for that purpose, and so they cut down to the .40 S&W. Same caliber, just a shorter case. The 10mm is cool, but good luck getting brass. The .40 is like a commodity round, so cheap to even just buy from WalMart. As one commentator put it, it's like a 9mm with a lil' more fuck you power.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #7
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
One thing I learned about the .40 a while back is that it came from the 10mm. The 10 was going to replace the 9mm as a service piece, but with the higher charge was more powerful than necessary for that purpose, and so they cut down to the .40 S&W. Same caliber, just a shorter case. The 10mm is cool, but good luck getting brass. The .40 is like a commodity round, so cheap to even just buy from WalMart. As one commentator put it, it's like a 9mm with a lil' more fuck you power.
One of my favorites is the 357 Sig---from the 40 case necked down to 357.
2016 Nissan Altma