Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
Neanderthal

Default Duke Nukem

Any one here a Duke Nukem fan???????????

Duke Nukem Forever Confirmed for February 2011!
Duke Nukem Forever will be released February 1, 2011 for the PC, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3. As of 9/16/2010, Gamestop and Amazon have been taking pre-orders via DukeNukem.com. [Discussion]

Follow us on Twitter for special updates.

According to Pitchford, Gearbox began finishing “Duke Nukem Forever” in late 2009. “Clearly the game hadn’t been finished at 3D Realms but a lot of content had been created,” he says. “The approach and investment and process at 3D Realms didn’t quite make it and it cracked at the end. With Gearbox Software we brought all those pieces together. It’s the game it was meant to be.”

That means that the game will be a sequel to Duke Nukem 3D and will have both single player and multiplayer. “Aliens come and say they’re going to be our friends and Duke knows this isn’t going to work out,” Pitchford says. “Duke once again is in the pivotal spot and its up to him to save the world.”

The game is currently expected to ship in 2011, although given its history, Pitchford is understandably reluctant to be more specific. “We’re in the polishing phase now. This is a game where we can not make a promise we can not fulfill,” he says. “We need to get past the shock and awe and then we can go to all the retailers and first parties and work out a launch plan.”
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
Neanderthal

Pitchford insists that this time, Duke is really happening. “We’re in the polishing phase now. This is a game where we cannot make a promise we cannot fulfill,” he told the Wall Street Journal.

Duke Nukem Forever’s troubled development history caused 2K Games to debut the title to the gamer crowd at PAX rather than issue a press release. “PAX is not a show about retailers, not a show about journalists. It’s about players,” Pitchford said. While 2K is not allowing video of the game, the company is encouraging attendees to take as many still cellphone shots as they want.

“Upload that shit to Facebook!” said Pitchford before playing the game’s new trailer at PAX. “Steal a thousand screenshots — I don’t give a fuck.”

During the PAX demo, we got through the first level but were kicked out of the room not long after I got my hands on the game’s second level, in which Duke drives around an arid desert in a monster truck.

I saw enough to reassure anyone worried that a developer change would take the edge off Duke’s greasy sexist charm. Perhaps the high point was the arrival of a building-size, grotesque green alien with three pendulous nude breasts.

“Yeah, I’d still hit it,” Duke growled.

Read More http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/0...#ixzz11oPvBvhv
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

LOL, I can't believe it's finally coming out. It better be epic to justify the 11 year wait.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
LOL, I can't believe it's finally coming out. It better be epic to justify the 11 year wait.
Duke Nukem is my favorite game of all time. I wait with............
2016 Nissan Altma