Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-26-2008, 04:37 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy
Default Replacement car shopping...help

Ok, so the escape' has started to show it's wear and tear and needs to be replaced (AC dead, brakes being funny and just plain sick of the car) but I can't seem to settle on a car that we can afford. I need some help.

Our budget is about 16-17k and really not anything over. The miles should hopefully be no more than 45k....that is high for me but I'll deal.

Here is what I have researched and here is what I like.

Dodge Magnum SXT - good price, roomy, low miles (only catch Sean says the tranny is no good......(anyone else hear about this....I need to do my research cuz I really like this car) BUT I LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of the magnum. So he said the RT, which would be nice and all but for the price, the miles are high (and you have to watch out for those crazy rims.....)

Honda Pilot - reliable, medium miles for price, roomy, kinda old mommy looking to me, and the replacement part price is teh "honda price." Good ol honda parts.

Honda CRV (newest model) - I can't seem to find anything low enough price wise....but I like them.

Nissan Maxima - Sean really likes them....I'm not fond of sedans.

Um, what else

Mini Coopers - I like them but can't see myself in one for long. They are small and once the kids start roll'n that thing would have to be replaced and for the price the miles are in the 80-100k. Eek.

Newest Model Ford Escape - Yes I know, I'm getting ride of my 01 and possible replacing with another. Hey for the money, and what you get, it's pretty good and the miles are low. What can I say. I'm not too crazy about living with the same car again but it's newer.

Does anyone have any suggestions? HELP....my brain hurts and this weekend seems like a perfect opportunity to go out and shop (holiday weekend = good sale opportunity potentially).
Old 08-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Older:
Subaru Forester
Mazda CX-7
Suzuki XL-7

All highly rated and probably could come in your price ranges. I rather like the CX-7.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #3
Fast & Filthy

My brother is selling his 1999 Grand Prix GTTP. It's silver with grey leather interior, has 45,000 miles and is super clean. He's asking $7900. He also has an extra supercharger for it that's new in the box as well as a smaller pulley kit that he never installed.

Here's a link to some pictures.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...8000&cardist=4

Last edited by 94cobra69ss396 : 08-26-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Added URL
Old 08-26-2008, 11:45 PM   #4

id say
subaru forrester *also makes for a nice project daily driver*

subaru legacy GT *same as above and roomy*

civic sedan *nice milage/ cheap and can support the kids till teenage years and .................then sub as there 1st car*

mini cooper - really nice for a daily driver and really its way more roomier then u think imma a big guy 250+lbs and i was quite comfy in the back seat of a cooper driving from rancho cucamonga to irvine and back for a concert.

subaru wrx - nice lil car maybe not the best on gas of the bunch but it gives u that im a lil bit different then ur normal daily driver type of car feel.

mazda speed 3 or speed 6 these seem like descent cars i really havent experienced much of them though.