Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: Most iconic American Car?
Mustang 11 73.33%
Corvette 3 20.00%
Other (specify) 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #31
Internet Tough Guy

^^^^^^^
I know you built a solid roller D-1 sc 383 for the "street". Reminds me of Ron's caged, big block, bottle fed chevelle that he built as a daily driver.

Less than staright line bike rule, but everywhere else they have been dethroned. Button willow, Willow Springs, PIR, and California Speedway my times on The R888s are usally faster than the bike times that I have seen. On the freeway I've been able to hang with most bikes that come my way and have flat out beat a few of them. Actually one of my videos on Motorgen against a 636 Ninja 1/4 mile. He was .4 sec faster, but I was on run flats. They don't make 30,000 mile tires for bikes. So every time you race a bike from a dig it's like racing a car on slicks. I ran a 12.2 at 120 pedaling the car past the 330'. With DRs I can go flat in first. Huge difference in ET and MPH.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #32
I, Vettezuki

Comparing bikes and cars doesn't really work anyway. They're just different vehicles.

That being said, at the highest levels of racing
F1 is much faster lap time than MotoGP (though a GP bike resembles a high end street bike)
Top Fuel Dragsters are much faster than the fastest drag bikes

In both cases, that's mostly because of the realities of traction related to aerodynamics and simply holding onto the damn thing.

Off Road, forget it, bikes are faster. I think they've won Baja 1000 (overall) ever year except one. (Going on memory).

Bang for buck, forget it. $6k will get you into a nice used GSXR750 and you can head out to the track for some seriously fast running. You can't do dick with cars for $6k.

Also just $15k new will get you state of the art liter bikes. If you can ride well, you'll be faster than 99.99% of cars on the road, twisties or straight. Put the same money into a ZX14 and you're running mid 9s around 145mph . . . out of the box.

Also, the feeling of riding a bike is a completely different kind of exhilaration than driving a car. It's different being completely exposed to the road not strapped into anything and having the wind TRYING to pull you off than being neatly strapped into a car with air bags etc. If you want to get up close and personal with a performance machine, a purely mechanical bike is about as close as you're going to get.

No question performance cars and what's available to make cars better performers has considerably closed the gap.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-16-2010, 04:30 AM   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
^^^^^^^
I know you built a solid roller D-1 sc 383 for the "street". Reminds me of Ron's caged, big block, bottle fed chevelle that he built as a daily driver.

Less than staright line bike rule, but everywhere else they have been dethroned. Button willow, Willow Springs, PIR, and California Speedway my times on The R888s are usally faster than the bike times that I have seen. On the freeway I've been able to hang with most bikes that come my way and have flat out beat a few of them. Actually one of my videos on Motorgen against a 636 Ninja 1/4 mile. He was .4 sec faster, but I was on run flats. They don't make 30,000 mile tires for bikes. So every time you race a bike from a dig it's like racing a car on slicks. I ran a 12.2 at 120 pedaling the car past the 330'. With DRs I can go flat in first. Huge difference in ET and MPH.
Hydraulic roller, and it runs on 91 with a full interior and sound system. Rons... does not, has not and will not. He trailers his car to the track. I've considered using my car to tow my boat. Mine is a street car. You can compare my car to his Cobra if you want, not the Chevelle.

For most of my driving life it was my DD, a large portion of that time it had the same heads and cam it does now.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:21 AM   #34
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Hydraulic roller, and it runs on 91 with a full interior and sound system. Rons... does not, has not and will not. He trailers his car to the track. I've considered using my car to tow my boat. Mine is a street car. You can compare my car to his Cobra if you want, not the Chevelle.

For most of my driving life it was my DD, a large portion of that time it had the same heads and cam it does now.
I knew I was going to get a reaction for that one. I'm surprised Ron hasn't chimed in yet.