Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-07-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default More morons.

So I accidentally ripped the leads off of that radio noise supressing capacitor that's inline with my tach wire from the dist. So I call Autozone to see if they have one in stock, after I describe the part to the guy he asks me "is it an air valve meter" I said "...what?" he repeats "an air valve meter" confused and now worried I say "no this is electrical" he says "yeah, it goes in the air filter" and I say "this is a carbureted car" he says "yeah, well why don't you bring the part in" I say, "...you don't know what a capacitor looks like."

A lot of the guys that work there are cool, and they know their stuff. But some of those guys don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Is there no automotive knowledge requirement for hiring these guys? I think it's safe to say by now that I know my way around an engine bay, and don't seem to recall anything electrical called an air valve meter that goes in the air filter.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Well actually, I sorta remember something like that on my 1982 L83 that was attached to the air filter housing. It had something to do with the emissions.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-08-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Well actually, I sorta remember something like that on my 1982 L83 that was attached to the air filter housing. It had something to do with the emissions.
Your carbureted L83?

And it was a capacitor in your air filter that had to do with emissions and the tachometer??? Don't make me give you the face too Ben.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:55 AM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Your carbureted L83?

And it was a capacitor in your air filter that had to do with emissions and the tachometer??? Don't make me give you the face too Ben.
No, no, only that there might be such a thing which you were incredulous about. It had nothing to do with the tachometer, only emissions, and it kinda sorta was in my air filter on my Throttle Body injected L83. I'm not saying the kid wasn't a Jack-Off, only that he may have been confused about the part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette
I think it's safe to say by now that I know my way around an engine bay, and don't seem to recall anything electrical called an air valve meter that goes in the air filter.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)