Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #1

Talking Sevenstock 12, Sat. 09/26/09

Should be a lot of fun, it's free, there will be every kind of rotary powered car, and motor swapped cars too There are people coming from all over the world to be there. They're setting up karting night the night before if anyone's interested. The day of the event there is RC racing too if you're into that.

http://sevenstock.org/

It's at Mazda HQ, Irvine, where Cars & Coffee is normally held. Not sure where those guys are going to meet up this Saturday. I'll be parked in the section with the 3rd gen Rx-7s, make sure to say what's up if you see me

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Super Moderator

I might show up with my uncle, I usually do.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Gosh darn it. It's me pa's bday this Saturday. Somebody take some pics and post them up.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Ugh - too many events in one day!

I think I may try to hit sevenstock and crusin' for a cure on Saturday...
Old 09-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Sean, you need to have some "check out project RX-snake" business cards ready.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Sean, you need to have some "check out project RX-snake" business cards ready.
Are there a lot of V8 swapped RXs there? The purists no-likey V8 swaps into their beloved platform.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Are there a lot of V8 swapped RXs there? The purists no-likey V8 swaps into their beloved platform.
Everyone in the crowd is wearing piston hater T-Shirts, but then you walk 20 feet and you see several LS/ & V8 swapped 3rd gens. So... no.

For the most part, car lovers are car lovers, thus motorgen. With the exception of Ford guys in highschool that hate Chevys, old guys that hate Jap cars, and college guys who should still be in highschool that are on the rice rocket loving, muscle hating trip for some mind boggling reason.

Turbo RX7s are serious cars, and I'm willing to bet for the most part that their owners groove on vision blurring acceleration more than the shape of the metal pieces that spin the input shaft.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
Internet Tough Guy

The rotary might be one of the worst motors ever developed. A third gen RX-7 with a LS anything swap is the next best thing to a z06.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #9
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
The rotary might be one of the worst motors ever developed. A third gen RX-7 with a LS anything swap is the next best thing to a z06.
I actually don't agree - I think the rotary is cool. You can get a lot of power out of a little displacement and you can rev the hell out of them.

I agree they do have some obvious downsides though. They get marginal gas mileage at best and replacing seals every 40k miles is a bummer.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #10
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I actually don't agree - I think the rotary is cool. You can get a lot of power out of a little displacement and you can rev the hell out of them.

I agree they do have some obvious downsides though. They get marginal gas mileage at best and replacing seals every 40k miles is a bummer.
Sean, the displacement claims are marketing bullshit. each chamber is 1.3 liters there are three of them per lobe and two lobes in a 13b. Each one fires every revolution. If we follow the 1.3 liter rule then a Dodge viper has a 1 liter engine.
They have the worst emissions of any modern motor, the apex seal die (hence no more turbos), and Hondas have a better torque curves.

People think they are cool because they do not have reciprocating parts, but they fail in every quantitative category.

Don't forget that they are expensive to rebuild.

Sean, you like the Kia Soul????????????????????????? GAY