Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #11
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Did you use salary.com, or some other resource. Fields matter quite a lot.
Are you saying I'm not worth 3xs what I make now?????

I told you what I make.

2016 Nissan Altma
Old 07-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Are you saying I'm not worth 3xs what I make now?????

I told you what I make.

You make 1/3 of what other techs make, that's all I know. I can tell you this, project managers/supervisors (me) make a huge spread according to industry. Basically the more "fun" something is, like recreational car stuff, some forms of entertainment, the less you make. The more high stress pure industrial/technological/economic a field is, the more you make. Even within a field, one company can easily be 5-10% higher/lower than a competitor.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #13
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
You make 1/3 of what other techs make, that's all I know. I can tell you this, project managers/supervisors (me) make a huge spread according to industry. Basically the more "fun" something is, like recreational car stuff, some forms of entertainment, the less you make. The more high stress pure industrial/technological/economic a field is, the more you make. Even within a field, one company can easily be 5-10% higher/lower than a competitor.
I guess I feel a little better. Thanks for trying.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 07-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Yea, no money. I live that tune. I checked what "TECHs" get paid and I get 1/3 what the average is. Yep, no money sucks.
My friend who has been working at Mercedes Benz for 5 years makes less than 3x minimum wage, so I doubt that. But this thread is about my motor, no hi-jacking.

Pulled the plug wire off the cylinder that was scarred a bit that I had to file down. Noise stopped, going to replace the plug today, but I doubt that it will fix the problem.

And I doubt that the piston is the problem because it cranks out 135psi...
Old 07-11-2009, 04:31 PM   #15
Super Moderator

Loose exhaust rocker. Would have found it two days ago if I didn't have to pull the blower off to get to the rockers.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Loose exhaust rocker. Would have found it two days ago if I didn't have to pull the blower off to get to the rockers.
How'd that happen? Falty/loose threads or did you just brain fart?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #17
Fast & Filthy

Good to hear. So how is it running? Have you pulled some timing out so it doesn't happen again?
Old 07-12-2009, 03:41 AM   #18
Super Moderator

No idea how it happened, like I said, motor sounded fine for about 20mins. Maybe the pushrod was binding? Giving a false sense of adjustment and after some run time it kicked free? I have poly locks and stud girdles so I doubt it shook loose. It would have to break free from both.

Don't know how it's running. Letting the silicone dry. Back of the lifter valley was spitting out oil. If I fire it up tomorrow and it doesn't leak oil, I'll drive it over to Ben's place.

Timing is at 10 initial, 28 total. Down from 34 total when it popped, or 36 NA. Still need to hook up the LM2 and f with the carb.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #19
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
No idea how it happened, like I said, motor sounded fine for about 20mins. Maybe the pushrod was binding? Giving a false sense of adjustment and after some run time it kicked free? I have poly locks and stud girdles so I doubt it shook loose. It would have to break free from both.

Don't know how it's running. Letting the silicone dry. Back of the lifter valley was spitting out oil. If I fire it up tomorrow and it doesn't leak oil, I'll drive it over to Ben's place.

Timing is at 10 initial, 28 total. Down from 34 total when it popped, or 36 NA. Still need to hook up the LM2 and f with the carb.
The pushrod might have been caught on the edge of the lifter when you adjusted it, I've done that before. I've also had the poly locks come loose on the Chevelle before so that's also a possibility.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:39 AM   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
The pushrod might have been caught on the edge of the lifter when you adjusted it, I've done that before. I've also had the poly locks come loose on the Chevelle before so that's also a possibility.
Must have been on the ridge of the lifter, I have stud girdles too. So those nuts ain't movin.