Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #281
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
Maybe something like this

Aha, the photo didn't show up at work. That's a pretty slick presentation of the racing stripe theme. Here's my basic problem with the stripes on the FC. The Mustangs you guys are showing for references, where it is admittedly pretty badd ass looking have a lot of dimensionality (for lack of a better word); lots of curves and angles creating visual interest. Such stripes never appealed to me that much on cars that have a lot more in the way of simple large flat surfaces.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #282
Super Moderator

I'm with Joe, stripes need to be bigger. I'm thinking intercoat candy blue... yeah. That would give it some dimension.

Ben, it may also be more difficult to date a 320lb 6' 2 dikey lesbian than your highschool prom queen, but just because something is more difficult to accomplish doesn't always mean that it's better.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #283
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I'm with Joe, stripes need to be bigger. I'm thinking intercoat candy blue... yeah. That would give it some dimension.

Ben, it may also be more difficult to date a 320lb 6' 2 dikey lesbian than your highschool prom queen, but just because something is more difficult to accomplish doesn't always mean that it's better.
Category mistake

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #284
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Category mistake
It was an analogy, don't see any category mistake.

Although one does require bolts in holes while the other requires pressing seems together.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #285
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
It was an analogy, don't see any category mistake.

Although one does require bolts in holes while the other requires pressing seems together.
In order for an analogy to be valid the objects/concept being compared need to share comparable properties for the purpose of drawing an inference, cognitively speaking. More properly, you made a joke in the form of a false analogy.

I still tend to think of it as a category mistake because "A category mistake, or category error, is a semantic or ontological error by which a property is ascribed to a thing that could not possibly have that property." Dating a 6'2" dikey lesbian does not inherently possess the property of being difficult, or requiring skill. The notion of being difficult or requiring skill doesn't apply in the same sense at all and furthermore is entirely dependent on the other person's perspective as they may be into that sort of thing.

Anywho, Leedom, how bout some new mock-ups with bigger bolder stripes a la enkei and joe, and my basic idea around the non-striped version (logos, snake skin, cf, etc.))?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-08-2009, 11:21 PM   #286
Graphics B*tch

I have not been home in afew days. Work has been busy. I put a 11 hour day in yesterday in fact. I should have time this weekend to get some things mocked-up though.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 05-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #287
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
I have not been home in afew days. Work has been busy. I put a 11 hour day in yesterday in fact. I should have time this weekend to get some things mocked-up though.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-09-2009, 01:12 AM   #288
Super Moderator

Quote:
In order for an analogy to be valid the objects/concept being compared need to share comparable properties for the purpose of drawing an inference, cognitively speaking. ASSumption More properly, you made a joke in the form of a false analogy. False. Conclusion depends upon your assumption.

I still tend to think of it as a category mistake because "A category mistake, or category error, is a semantic or ontological error by which a property is ascribed to a thing that could not possibly have that property." Dating a 6'2" dikey lesbian does not inherently possess the property of being difficult, or requiring skill. So then, a male, attempting to date a lesbian... would have no difficulty? Do I need to find the Lewis Black url?

The notion of being difficult or requiring skill doesn't apply in the same sense at all and furthermore is entirely dependent on the other person's perspective as they may be into that sort of thing. Agreed!!! That was my point dick!
See:
Quote:
In case you forgot, this is what I was responding to.

Quote:
Any knuckle-dragging mouth-breather can mold a part in. It takes skill to fabricate a new bolt-on part.

I'm talking about aesthetics, so your response to my artistic suggestion (having to do with skill) was inappropriate IMO, which I very appropriately displayed in my analogy. I see the labor having nothing to do with the beauty of the fruits. Does this one work for ya?

Don't even try to suggest that a molding has to do with anything other than aesthetics.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:33 AM   #289
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . .I'm talking about aesthetics, so your response to my artistic suggestion (having to do with skill) was inappropriate IMO, which I very appropriately displayed in my analogy. I see the labor having nothing to do with the beauty of the fruits. Does this one work for ya? . . .
Now we're reading from the same music sweet pea. In principle I have no objection to molding it in actually. It'll still be a bolt on part. What you see as the bumper now, is not even the mold. It's just the unfinished pattern for the mold. We're building skills and knowledge.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-10-2009, 02:04 AM   #290
Graphics B*tch

Ok Kids, more late night fun. Please remember these are very rough and the colros are not perfect. I was thinking the glow in the dark pigment could go into the Blue Stripes.

Scheme 2A

Scheme 2B (blue Snake Skin Stripes)

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten