Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default New Federal CAFE # 31.6 by 2015

They better hope battery technology gets a lot better really quick or otherwise I don't see how the manufacturors are going to reach this #..
Old 04-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to vonage6591

what does 31.6 mean exactly?
Old 04-23-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonage6591 View Post
what does 31.6 mean exactly?

31.6 MPG for Corporate Average Fuel Economy

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-23-2008, 10:24 PM   #4
Resident Avatar Gambler

I think they'll meet this, but I'm not sure how. I guess they'll have a lot of subcompacts sitting on lots that nobody wants. Bring on the electric cars though - that's something I'm really looking forward to.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I think they'll meet this, but I'm not sure how. I guess they'll have a lot of subcompacts sitting on lots that nobody wants. Bring on the electric cars though - that's something I'm really looking forward to.
Let's keep in mind that CA thinks this is a joke and is SUING the federal government for the right to make its own far more strict regulations. Electric cars don't bother me so much. But we'd better pull our thumbs out of a$$es and figure out how to generate a heck of a lot more electrical power efficiently. Nuclear you say? Me too. Go ahead and float that by your Green friends and see where it goes.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-23-2008, 11:08 PM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

It has to be nuclear. People need to get over it. The downside to Nuclear Energy(waste) is heavily outweighed by the positives(extremely efficient, safe, no C02 production). Electric cars and Nuclear energy might even help to combat that global warming thing that you don't believe in
Old 04-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
. . . Electric cars and Nuclear energy might even help to combat that global warming thing that you don't believe in

The hardest things in the world to defeat are those that don't exist . . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)