Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #1

Default Drag Suspension

What are you guys running for drag suspension? I'm changing over from my current setup...

Suspension: PSR Tubular K-Member, PSR Tubular A-Arms, Maximum Motorsports Front Coilovers With 350lb. Hypercoils, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates, Maximum Motorsports Full Length Sub-Frame Connectors, Maximum Motorsports Heavy Duty Torque Arm, Maximum Motorsports Rear Coilovers With 250lb. Hypercoils, Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Extreme-Duty Lower Control Arms, Maximum Motorsports Rear Sway Bar.

...to a setup that I do consistent 1.4 60fts. with. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

610 RWHP/565 RWTQ [SAE] 6.968 @ 101.70 MPH [1/8 Mile E.T.]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIr RicCuS View Post
What are you guys running for drag suspension? I'm changing over from my current setup...

Suspension: PSR Tubular K-Member, PSR Tubular A-Arms, Maximum Motorsports Front Coilovers With 350lb. Hypercoils, Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates, Maximum Motorsports Full Length Sub-Frame Connectors, Maximum Motorsports Heavy Duty Torque Arm, Maximum Motorsports Rear Coilovers With 250lb. Hypercoils, Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Extreme-Duty Lower Control Arms, Maximum Motorsports Rear Sway Bar.

...to a setup that I do consistent 1.4 60fts. with. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

I don't think their is much more you can do except add more power at this point
Old 03-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIr RicCuS View Post

In looking at the MM site they do not even have COs in the rear for the "Launch Box". They just have the Adjustable RLCA. I was considering going coil-over in the rear but the cost is too high right now. Then I saw that the launch box didn't have rear COs associated with it so I figured I could just do it when I am independently wealthy. Since you do have the Rear COs then you might want to consider an adjustable shock if you do not have one so you can adjust the suspension for the track.
Only other suggestion would be battery in the truck if you have not already done so.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 03-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
In looking at the MM site they do not even have COs in the rear for the "Launch Box". They just have the Adjustable RLCA. I was considering going coil-over in the rear but the cost is too high right now. Then I saw that the launch box didn't have rear COs associated with it so I figured I could just do it when I am independently wealthy. Since you do have the Rear COs then you might want to consider an adjustable shock if you do not have one so you can adjust the suspension for the track.
Only other suggestion would be battery in the truck if you have not already done so.
I will definitely be doing a battery relocation kit when I can. I was considering going with a fully double-adjustable Strange Shock for the front and rear to get closer to that 50/50 and 90/10 compression and rebound. That along with some softer springs and I very well might be on my way to the 60fts. I'm looking to get.

Thanks and other advice?

610 RWHP/565 RWTQ [SAE] 6.968 @ 101.70 MPH [1/8 Mile E.T.]
Old 03-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
Fast & Filthy

What are your current 60ft's? Do you still have the 6 speed or did you change it to an auto? What rear gear do you have? Is the current front adjustable? On my Cobra I have Koni single adjustable struts and just turning them to the softest setting made a .40 difference in my 1/4 mile time.