Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #271

Couldn't agree more with what others have posted in response to your whining and your bull..... If you like it so much at that forum then please feel free to go there and stay there.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #272
Heart Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybad79 View Post
Couldn't agree more with what others have posted in response to your whining and your bull..... If you like it so much at that forum then please feel free to go there and stay there.
Looks like the last desperate act of scoundrel to me.
Go drink some more Kool-Aid and try again

Old 12-28-2008, 07:11 PM   #273

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Twin View Post
October 22nd, that's 2 months ago. What a scumbag. Hey durango, instead of posting on all these forums, why not apply for a job flipping burgers so you can pay this guy his $770 back! I assume you're not getting paid posting everywhere so all the time you waste there is not working toward making this right. Hell, if you are the nice, awesome, stand up guy, buddy pal friend you always claim to be, you wouldn't even let this guy spend his holidays sick to his stomach about being ripped off, out of $770 and no heads to show for it. Are these the Chinese heads you tried to pawn off on CF as being brodix heads? Another slip up where I corrected your false advertising!
Somebody serve DB already and get it over with in small claims. It'll be a slam dunk, but I hope to god you have proof of payment. (please don't say it was a cash transaction.....)

Old 12-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Dep View Post
Not true about the $200 limit:

To qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection, you must meet all of these requirements:
Use PayPal to purchase an eligible item on eBay.

Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments-like a deposit followed by a final payment-are not eligible.

Send the payment to the seller through:

The eBay "Pay Now" button, or

The eBay invoice, or

The "Send Money" tab on your PayPal account overview page by selecting "Pay for eBay Items" and entering your eBay User ID and the eBay item number.

Open a Dispute within 45 days of the date you sent the payment-then follow the online dispute resolution process.

Keep your PayPal account in good standing.

How do I know if I'm purchasing an eligible item on eBay?
Look for the buyer protection message in the eBay listing in the right hand column under the "Buy Safely" banner. If you see this message, and you meet the eligibility requirements, then your purchase is covered by PayPal Buyer Protection. You can also view this message after you complete your purchase by logging in to your eBay account, going to "My eBay" and looking at the listing. If the listing does not include the buyer protection message, then it is not eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection.
But I think you are quickly forgetting the protection also from your credit card company. For those of you that don't wish to use a CC...this is when it is most useful. Seanplunk and I purchased a new hood from a lovely little guy who shipped it in the most STUPID way. He stuck it in a box and called it a day. No bubble wrap no nothing. So needless to say the carbon fiber hood was horribly chewed up and cracked beyond even wanting to remember. I immediatly refused the package (after taking pictures of the damaged item) and had UPS pick up the package and "return to sender" thinking UPS would be held responsible for how it was handled during shipping (lol as the good ol brown man when picking it up rolled the package end over end into the truck just as I was pulling up from work). So I opened a claim with UPS. They refused it...stating the seller is responsible for how it was wrapped. Whatever...so then I filed a claim with paypal....I got the same stupid remarkes from paypal. Yes they are waste of time, so then I was thrown out the idea of "file a claim with our CC company." Ahh....one last resort! Atlast...we might have relief. Just a few short months later the money was taken off our statement and they either ate that money or went after the stupid seller. But in any case...please know that you credit card does have a small built in insurance plan...but you must be willing to deal with them and have proper documentation. I can't express that enough. I had allllll the emails between the seller and myself and all the paypal transactions between us all printed and ready as well as the pictures of the damaged item and claim number with UPS that was denied for my CC company. It works people and that is why with any internet, sketchy transaction, or possibility that something will be lost in shipping or destroyed we always use the CC just for the extra added security.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #275

I am the last person on this planet to complain beyond what is considered "normal" or "reasonable".

I have filed complaints twice and both times the CC company was awesome to deal with, no detailed transaction emails or love letters required... the ONLY thing I am concerned about is that Visa (maybe) ate it and the scumbag got away uncharged.....
Bottom line: you're pretty much safe using a CC via Paypal or Ebay.... they (The CC comp) will support you if you're reasonable.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #276
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I am the last person on this planet to complain beyond what is considered "normal" or "reasonable".

I have filed complaints twice and both times the CC company was awesome to deal with, no detailed transaction emails or love letters required... the ONLY thing I am concerned about is that Visa (maybe) ate it and the scumbag got away uncharged.....
Bottom line: you're pretty much safe using a CC via Paypal or Ebay.... they (The CC comp) will support you if you're reasonable.

Me too. I've used American Express to contest a couple problems, one of them in the same price range as the "Head Issue." I submitted my report of the issue. Done. They simply pull the money from the vendor directly. If you're a customer in good standing with a CC company, they can and will be your 800 pound gorilla when the shit hits the fan.

I would only deal in cash/check with people I know. Other than that no way. Using PayPal, I've never had anything but good transactions with guys on LS1Tech, and even eBay.

As for DB not having any money, cry me river. You get a $60 space heater and throw on some sweats and an extra blanket before dropping mega cash on a new furnace until you've met your obligations. Freezing your balls off will be excellent motivation for clearing your plate. IMHO.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 12-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #277

Quote:

But you know what at that point, once the money is in my hands I'm cool with that. That just means that I don't have to deal with it any more. Yes there are those our there that have to make the world "even" per say, and some of us have some "low friends" who will make the world even in some way or another. Your call...just not my style.

As for documentation or proof...no matter the circumstance shouldn't be taken lightly. It's always better to be safe than sorry. All it is, is just copy and paste, or hit the mouse on "print." It never hurts.

As for a CC claim, yes it depends on the CC company. But in this instance if they want to take your documentation (which ours took everything), that's cool. But if you don't have anything when asked to present something, they could just as quickly come back and say your claim is denied.

Take care, off to chill.

PS - OMG, this thread took 2 hours to read...just skimming mind you. My head is spinning. Drama!

Old 12-28-2008, 08:21 PM   #278

Yes, lots of drama... caused by one single person... ooops, i didn't say that did I ?? LOL

If your CC company feels your trustworthy then you pretty much have noting to worry about.
I have dealt with them twice and was shocked that they required LESS documentation than I had available.... might be depending on the amount....

Anyways....

I do send checks/MO to people I think I can trust.... have not had a problem so far..... maybe just lucky, maybe lucky selecting the right guys... those who are considered troublemakers at CF for example....

Old 12-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #279
Heart Attack

I used my CC to get either my parts or a refund from an engine builder who decided to keep $2k worth of my parts and money,after i called the CC they socked the guy for the whole $10,000 to my surprise,until he either gave me my parts or a refund.
It worked out beautifully
That was last year,this year i get a call from a detective in Fl wanting some info from me on this guy,seems as though they raided his house and found statements and e-mails from me to him. He decided to fraud somebody else and is in a world of hurt now. last i was told he was behind bars
MORALE of the story. Don't take money for products or services if you cannot full fill your end of the deal.SIMPLE
and do not use the money for something else,that's just as bad if not worse.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #280
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodsknockin View Post
There isnt any,I needed a way to get you guys to post up definitions of cyberstalking (so you cant play dumb)so I come up with the Megans Law approach and the boys fell for it.(I didnt think a law about running red lights would bait you)They (and you) were focusing so hard on Megans Law and proving me wrong that they began to voluntarily post cyberstalking laws.So now we know the boys know what it is and its not just e-mail as Bird said but it is also forums and other electronic forms that come under cyberstalking laws.
You guys are sooo easy,sorry enkeivette that you had to get caught up in this.Are the boys begging you to ban me yet?

Where are we on the IP proof linking me to 18436572? Come on lets have it.

Moron, you just proved to me beyond ANY doubt that not only are you NOT affiliated with any legal organization whatsoever (as you clearly know nothing about the law) but that you are also most likely DB himself otherwise a close friend.

In the law (unless we're talking about infractions/ strict liability crimes) you need two things to be proven guilty of something. Mens rea (intent) and actus reus (actually doing it). There is no requirement to be aware of the law itself, only a requirement to have the intention to do the act.

Ex. A tribal warrior in LA, CA need not know that it is illegal to commit murder, he simply has to have had the intent to commit murder and then to commit the actual murder. Ignorance of the law in this sense is irrelevant.

In layman's terms, your "little game" (which obviously wasn't really a game, just stupidity on your part ) would have done nothing to prove your 'case.'

You might want to spend some time researching the forum rules to see where this forum stands on impersonation. I know I am.