Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #41
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Burden of proof is on you not me. I said SBCs were different than LS1s. I dont care about SBFs, not relevant. Theres an example in front of you, explain the variance.
So lawyer.....
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 06-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #42
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
What's your obsession with me Adam? You're still offended because I don't like gm and that has what to do with this thread? I never spoke up in here until now, nor did I attack you or mention your ego. You're on some serious shit man.
I was referring back to the time when I said my car was so fast, and you wrote back and said oh your cock is so huge you cant handle it. Kind of making fun. I dunno, something like that.

Im just fucking with you man, I was more making fun of myself. Whatever.

...Plus I think youre cute, and I dont know how to deal with my feelings.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #43
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Lobe lift is lobe lift is lobe lift. Not only did I prove you wrong, but I proved the SBC can is LARGER than the LS can. A rocker has absofuckinglutily nothing to do with the physical metal of the can. Rocker is simply something that aids in customizing your needs. Isky designed these profiles decades ago and EVERY OHV V8 uses them.

What don't you get, you don't pic a cam based off what was factory, you go by the parts needed and the physical lobe lift every time. I have 1.72 Rockers in the blower motor and I have 1.6 Rockers in the race motor. Does that make any difference to what the actual cam specs are? Nope.
LS is stock 1.7, can go to 1.8, SBC doesnt even have an option to go as big as 1.7. Ya, Im sure the cam designers didnt have that in mind, or actual valve lift when they design cams
Old 06-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #44
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
There's a lot of arguing over nothing really. Adam, your buddy can adjust the LSA to whatever he wants. So have him put it on a dyno and run it with a 114 LSA and a 110 LSA and see what difference it makes.
Arguing is fun! ...and lucrative! Hahaha
Old 06-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #45
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
LS is stock 1.7, can go to 1.8, SBC doesnt even have an option to go as big as 1.7. Ya, Im sure the cam designers didnt have that in mind, or actual valve lift when they design cams
Drop the rockers, lobe lift is lobe lift. Plain and simple, LS guys use 1.6 rockers all the time. Chromoly magnums only come in a 1.6 and are the strongest stud mount rocker made, so what are people supposed to do? Run a smaller cam to run a stronger rocker? No.

Physical attributes of the cam will always be the same .350 lobe lift for an SBC is the same for an LS1 is the same for a SBF what don't you get? I proved to you that a SBC cam with similar specs to an LS1 existed and you're still saying it doesn't. Why do they advertise so many different rocker options? BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE FUCKING STUPID AND MANY CANT THINK FOR THEMSELVES

The fact that you say 1.7 rockers aren't an option for a SBC goes to show I don't even need to be in this argument anymore. Not only do they exist up to 1.9, they can be had offset, shaft mount, etc. ROCKERS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CAM. Clay Smith and Isky don't even use advertised numbers, only physical attributes of the cam, it's up to the builder to choose a suitable cam based off the specs of the engine and parts at hand.

Geeze, I keep posting the same thing and you keep reading something else.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #46
Super Moderator

Getting bored, not reading all of that. Agreed, lobe lift is lobe lift. But lobe lift isnt valve lift. And I dunno about you, but I care more about what my valves are doing xx
Old 06-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #47

Quote:
I was referring back to the time when I said my car was so fast, and you wrote back and said oh your cock is so huge you cant handle it. Kind of making fun. I dunno, something like that.

Im just fucking with you man, I was more making fun of myself. Whatever.

...Plus I think youre cute, and I dont know how to deal with my feelings.
My bad, I was interpreting it wrong.

Now that you mention it... Is it really THAT big.... Wait. Ill ask guy...

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #48
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Getting bored, not reading all of that. Agreed, lobe lift is lobe lift. But lobe lift isnt valve lift. And I dunno about you, but I care more about what my valves are doing xx
Tell me how far those valves are going to open without the can lobe. Next time I want to win an argument I'll just do the "don't feel like reading that" bit
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #49
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/c...csid=1093&sb=2
http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/c...?csid=209&sb=0

What was your argument again? I don't even have to look at the actual specs, part number of the cam is enough to know its close. 280 series grind on a SBC is the same as a 280 series grind on an LS which is the same as a 280 series on a sbf. For comparitive purposes both are OE hydraulic roller.

Since buying a shelf cam is RETARDED and custom grind is always the way to go, there's no argument to why what is what. These profiles were designed nearly 30 years ago.
The first REAL after market cams- CHEVY - were desiged after two Chevy cams---the L79 and the Duntov 30 30.......oh and the earlier Duntov soild lifter cam--aftermarket then changed some specs sightly and there you go. How do I know...I was there.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 06-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #50
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
My bad, I was interpreting it wrong.

Now that you mention it... Is it really THAT big.... Wait. Ill ask guy...
Lmfao