Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #31
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
If you had pulled over, you would not have been broken down. You would have been... pulled over. Haha
Just curious, is this broken down?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #32
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
mdpalmer’s car. I don’t know there’s just something about a small light-weight car with too much power… I really like this car.

The RX + LS is a winner every time.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Just curious, is this broken down?
Not if you pulled over.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #34
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Natie View Post
Not if you pulled over.
Exactly.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
If I was further away from home I would have because I would not have driven it so we're both right.
If only's and just's were candies and nuts, than every day would be Erntedankfest.

I know Guy is your friend and youre trying to stick up for him, but come on man... IF you had pulled over, THEN it would have been broken down? Get real.

If your car stops working, its broken down. If you pull over, turn the key off, fire it back up and drive home... motha fucker aint broken down.

Are you guys going to argue that broken down is a psychological state of mind next?
Old 11-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #36
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Are you guys going to argue that broken down is a psychological state of mind next?
To me yes it is. I've been broke down on the side of the road many times. Sometimes it was just because the car was starting to get hotter than I liked so I would pull over and let it cool down before driving in traffic more. I still considered that breaking down. With the example of what happened to your car though I wouldn't consider it broke down. If you had pulled over though to keep something from happening or to keep something from getting worse I'd consider it broke down.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #37
Super Moderator

Ha, ok. Ill accept your counter offer for the definition, lol.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The RX + LS is a winner every time.
That TT LSX that was on sale here last year FTW
Old 11-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #39
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
If only's and just's were candies and nuts, than every day would be Erntedankfest.

I know Guy is your friend and youre trying to stick up for him, but come on man... IF you had pulled over, THEN it would have been broken down? Get real.

If your car stops working, its broken down. If you pull over, turn the key off, fire it back up and drive home... motha fucker aint broken down.

Good to know my truck isnt broken then I mean, it broke, I drove it off the freeway, drove it on to the tow truck, then off. But its still wouldnt go over 1000rpm and was in its locked in limp state. But since I willingly pulled over, then I guess its not broken and should just continue to drive it until it "breaks down"

If something isnt working the way it's supposed to, then it's broken. Hell, my race car was getting hot on the way to GMR, I pulled over, then kaboom, radiator hose exploded like i've never seen before. Wedged a piece of rubber down inside the radiator, still limped it home(after Ron stole parts from Eric), so I guess that's not in the realm of broken since it happened AFTER I pulled over..

Again, you're missing the initial point of me fucking with you. Had I not been, there would be no smiley.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #40
Super Moderator

Youre missing the point that youre wrong, and your statement was false. Hence my reasoning.

If I sent my metering block to BG and they found sludge in the idle circuit. Would the techs call me and say "hey, your metering block is broken! we need to use some carb cleaner on it." Hm, prob not. So, no, not broken.

Was it down? Well... since it did the speed limit + on the way there and back, it wasnt really down was it? Unlike your truck, which from the sound of it was down in the sense that it wouldnt drive on the freeway. So, no, not down either.

So not broken, and not down, Im gonna have to go with not broken down on this one. Sorry Guy.

PS, since my car is um... a car, theres really no need to keep using car analogies. We can just talk about my car directly. So what do you consider to have been broken on my car?