Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #1

Default First Drive: 2013 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster

Filed under: Convertible, Performance, Lamborghini, First Drives
What Dreams May Come

The Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster left me stupefied. Despite my experience with countless other high-powered exotics on a variety of racing circuits, including nearly all of its Gallardo siblings, the all-wheel-drive, 700-horsepower flagship dropped my jaw to the ground.

Less than 24 hours earlier, I had been sitting on an airplane at 39,000 feet studying press releases about the Italian automaker's newest range-topping convertible. While everything looked spectacular on paper, I was genuinely concerned that its new cylinder deactivation system and open-roof configuration would spoil some of the fun - soften its personality, to be more specific.

Yet here I was, approaching 150 miles per hour on a front straight after dropping off the 20-degree banking at Homestead-Miami Speedway, and the Aventador Roadster had extinguished those thoughts like a cold bucket of water on a lit match. The scissor-door supercar was screaming near redline - my heart rate was only a few ticks behind - and I was near speechless.Continue reading 2013 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster
2013 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...