Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-07-2008, 12:28 PM   #31
Super Moderator

Ben, that blows. I had no idea that the local cops were so useless. I'm glad you didn't get sued.

Cornfed, this I know... You can take it to any repair shop that you want. They have no right to tell you which shop to take it to, to get three estimates, anything of the sort. Find the best and likely the most expensive repair shop that you can, demand to take it there, it is the law. Do not be fooled by them, their sole job is to screw you.

If you want a new panel, a new rim, tell the repair shop that you will not give them business unless they justify getting you a new part. I know a shop in Anaheim Hills that will get you a new panel if you take it there. Don't let them fill it. It will likely never look the same, I have fun spotting repairs on the road every day.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #32

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

CornFed,

To give you a little backround, I've been an auto claims adjuster for 2 years now...In order to properly help you, I have a few questions for you.

1) Was your car stopped or parked when it was hit? Was your car moving?

2) What insurance carrier do you have? What insurance carrier does the other party have? Depending on the company....(if it's mine) I may have very limited access to the claim but I may be able to check the status for you.

I'll try to go through this as easy as possible without being what my husband calls me "an insurance nazi."

If your car was parked or stopped, no liability (fault) can be put upon yourself for the accident. Again I don't know the facts of loss, so I'm only assuming at this point. If you were to use your insurance to repair your vehicle (providing you have that kind of coverage - collision) most people tend to think that it's going to affect there record or premiums. Incorrect! This is a big missconception. You have insurance for a reason...to help you in times of need or repair. Premiums would be reviewed or adjusted if one or possibly both of the following:

a) an accident is 51% or more your fault
b) tickets or citations

What else,....oh yes your lovely tire cituation. Within insurace there is this lovely little thing that is called "betterment." Betterment is technically explained as this. If you have a part of your car that wear and tear can be put on it such as tires, mufflers, exhaust, that insurance company is not going to pay for the wear and tear you have already put on it. So with your situation....they "might" (when I say might...some adjusters that come out to write the estimate might just "overlook" how much tread you have on your tired) but if you get a "by the books adjuster" they will measure how much tread is on that tire, charge you for how much tire you have aready used (it's in percentage form) and then put the new tire on the car.

Does that make sense?

Betterment also applies for previous damage. Say you have a scratch or a dent already on your rear bumper and someone rear ends you. That inspector/insurance company might charge you say half of the bumper b/c with your prior damage you would have to repace teh bumper anyways but yet you were rear ended.

It's crazy.....stupid, rediculous, nutz, and petty, but if you really think about it....it makes sense no matter how dumb it might be.

What else.....oh yes insurance fraud. I'll pretend I didn't read anything posted in this thread...hehe but just for future refrence to any and all who read this. Fraud if you wish to partake, that is your decision. Just be cautious. If you want stories...i have stories, but not enough time to share.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or need any help. I think I'm going to make a thread in the BS lounge about insurance claims questions to help field some of them.

Keep us posted on your claim....take care!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #33
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
. . . I had no idea that the local cops were so useless. . .
They're pretty good at writing tickets.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-07-2008, 01:05 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
CornFed,

To give you a little backround, I've been an auto claims adjuster for 2 years now...In order to properly help you, I have a few questions for you.

1) Was your car stopped or parked when it was hit? Was your car moving?

2) What insurance carrier do you have? What insurance carrier does the other party have? Depending on the company....(if it's mine) I may have very limited access to the claim but I may be able to check the status for you.

I'll try to go through this as easy as possible without being what my husband calls me "an insurance nazi."

If your car was parked or stopped, no liability (fault) can be put upon yourself for the accident. Again I don't know the facts of loss, so I'm only assuming at this point. If you were to use your insurance to repair your vehicle (providing you have that kind of coverage - collision) most people tend to think that it's going to affect there record or premiums. Incorrect! This is a big missconception. You have insurance for a reason...to help you in times of need or repair. Premiums would be reviewed or adjusted if one or possibly both of the following:

a) an accident is 51% or more your fault
b) tickets or citations

What else,....oh yes your lovely tire cituation. Within insurace there is this lovely little thing that is called "betterment." Betterment is technically explained as this. If you have a part of your car that wear and tear can be put on it such as tires, mufflers, exhaust, that insurance company is not going to pay for the wear and tear you have already put on it. So with your situation....they "might" (when I say might...some adjusters that come out to write the estimate might just "overlook" how much tread you have on your tired) but if you get a "by the books adjuster" they will measure how much tread is on that tire, charge you for how much tire you have aready used (it's in percentage form) and then put the new tire on the car.

Does that make sense?

Betterment also applies for previous damage. Say you have a scratch or a dent already on your rear bumper and someone rear ends you. That inspector/insurance company might charge you say half of the bumper b/c with your prior damage you would have to repace teh bumper anyways but yet you were rear ended.

It's crazy.....stupid, rediculous, nutz, and petty, but if you really think about it....it makes sense no matter how dumb it might be.

What else.....oh yes insurance fraud. I'll pretend I didn't read anything posted in this thread...hehe but just for future refrence to any and all who read this. Fraud if you wish to partake, that is your decision. Just be cautious. If you want stories...i have stories, but not enough time to share.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or need any help. I think I'm going to make a thread in the BS lounge about insurance claims questions to help field some of them.

Keep us posted on your claim....take care!

yes my car was stopped i was half way pulled out of a parking space and stopped because i thought this other guy was gonan do the whole backward parking thing sense he was stopped himself in the middle of the parking isle well he started to pull forward and he said a friend distracted him and he didnt seem me sitting there stopped in front of him.

also his provider is mercury

and mine is state farm it seems like we both have almost every sort of coverage you can think of.

oh ya and the tire fraud thing ya i didnt go threw with it anyways lol....i couldnt take the constant looking over my shoulder people thinking im shady feeling that came with thinking about the act lol.

well the only reason i went to this collision place earlier today was because his insurence told me they just wanted to get a quick estimate on the damage they didnt say i had to use that shop or anything like that.

but are u trying to tell me that i can take it where i want right now and my insurence will cover it because i know i have collision insurence but my damn deductable is $1000 for that

so whats your advice on things from here with this new info for you ?
Old 10-07-2008, 02:52 PM   #35

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
yes my car was stopped i was half way pulled out of a parking space and stopped because i thought this other guy was gonan do the whole backward parking thing sense he was stopped himself in the middle of the parking isle well he started to pull forward and he said a friend distracted him and he didnt seem me sitting there stopped in front of him.

also his provider is mercury

and mine is state farm it seems like we both have almost every sort of coverage you can think of.

oh ya and the tire fraud thing ya i didnt go threw with it anyways lol....i couldnt take the constant looking over my shoulder people thinking im shady feeling that came with thinking about the act lol.

well the only reason i went to this collision place earlier today was because his insurence told me they just wanted to get a quick estimate on the damage they didnt say i had to use that shop or anything like that.

but are u trying to tell me that i can take it where i want right now and my insurence will cover it because i know i have collision insurence but my damn deductable is $1000 for that

so whats your advice on things from here with this new info for you ?

Oh yeah, I knew there was something I was missing.

Body shop...legally we can't force you to go to our body shop (any insurance for that matter). The reason why we "suggest" our body shop is because we guarantee the work done by that body shop for the life of the repairs. They also will release a vehicle with out payment. Now say you want to use your body shop that you dad used that charges more. You are more then welcome to use them...BUT it's not going to be any different then if you use the Mercury or State Farm shop. Both companies are going to send an inspector to the body shop that you have picked write an estimate (mercury or state farm inspectors) have the shop approve it and then the shop works off the estimate that the insurance companies give them. If you use Mercury to repair the vehicle, you will be without your car for a day while doing the inspection at your own body shop. You will also want to inquire with the body shop if they guarantee the repairs that they do to the vehicle.

Deductible.

If you decide to open a claim with State Farm yes your deductibe will apply. Now with Mercury these are our policies (if you were our insured). If the other parties insurance accepts 100% liability then we would waive your deductible. I don't know what State Farms procedures are but the only way to really find out is if you open a claim with them I suggest waiting ...it appears that your car is driveable (from the pictures) it just looks ugly.

Last edited by SexyLxy : 10-09-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #36

Quote:
Oh yeah, I knew there was something I was missing.

First off what is your claim number with Mercury???????????? I need that ASAP! I won't tell you why...wink wink.

Ok, back to the missing part.

Body shop...legally we can't force you to go to our body shop (any insurance for that matter). The reason why we "suggest" our body shop is because we guarantee the work done by that body shop for the life of the repairs. They also will release a vehicle with out payment. Now say you want to use your body shop that you dad used that charges more. You are more then welcome to use them...BUT it's not going to be any different then if you use the Mercury or State Farm shop. Both companies are going to send an inspector to the body shop that you have picked write an estimate (mercury or state farm inspectors) have the shop approve it and then the shop works off the estimate that the insurance companies give them. If you use Mercury to repair the vehicle, you will be without your car for a day while doing the inspection at your own body shop. You will also want to inquire with the body shop if they guarantee the repairs that they do to the vehicle.

Deductible.

If you decide to open a claim with State Farm yes your deductibe will apply. Now with Mercury these are our policies (if you were our insured). If the other parties insurance accepts 100% liability then we would waive your deductible. I don't know what State Farms procedures are but the only way to really find out is if you open a claim with them I suggest waiting ...it appears that your car is driveable (from the pictures) it just looks ugly.

Again, please let me know your claim #.....that will help ALOT. It begins with "2008."
!!!

Last edited by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* : 10-09-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #37
Internet Tough Guy

What?????? His car was an EVO is was Ugly before the accident

J/K
Old 10-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post

J/K
lol u shut your mouth when your talking to me !!!!! bwahahahah

wedding crashers joke lol good movie if you havent watched it go right now and watch it lol!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 10:25 PM   #39

Quote:
I put an email out to your adjuster to see if she will release her liability decision.

If it makes you feel any better in the mean time, he caused $3500 in damages to his car....
lol nice thanks for the help.....and to tell you the truth i feel like he did more damage then that. hell i had more damage then what that guy claimed.....they just did a quick look and i know when you take his car apart there will more like i said i believe that kid has frame damage.......but still nice to know i wanna just get this whole thing over with as soon as possible.

on a good note i actually got enough money for my gangster clutch, a dual fuel pump, 1200-1600cc injectors or 114lb - 152lb injectors, and maybe some tires if the insurence claim doesnt pan out i felt like a drug dealer taking all that money out at once
Old 10-08-2008, 12:24 AM   #40
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Are you drunk posting again?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)