Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #1861
pain's fun, hit me again

My mileage took a pretty substantial hit from the new tires. 24mpg was my best. Now it's around 15-16 I think
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #1862
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
My mileage took a pretty substantial hit from the new tires. 24mpg was my best. Now it's around 15-16 I think
Damn, ditch em, theyre not THAT much cooler
Old 06-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #1863
Fast & Filthy

Part of that is the gearing. If you regear to match the stock gearing you'll get some of that back.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #1864

Quote:
also your speedometer odometer is now off so that can account for some as well.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 06-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #1865
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
also your speedometer odometer is now off so that can account for some as well.
Oh ya, you have to multiply your trip to make it actual milegae before you do the math.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #1866
pain's fun, hit me again

Did that. Drove around using a GPS speedo and actual listed distances, no bueno.

Can't go back to the old ones, they're toast.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #1867
Super Moderator

Walked the Golden Gate bridge yesterday. Its um... a bridge that was painted red. Cool?

Do not drive across it btw. I lucked out and saw a sign in a parking garage ten mins before I planned to do so, warning that its only electronic toll now. Meaning, if you dont have a fast track, theyll mail you a lovely $50+ ticket. Motherless cock suckers. Nice way to fuck your tourists after they dump all of their money into your city. Fucking local gov, Im sure theyre getting a piece of that action.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #1868
pain's fun, hit me again

So I have a quandary. I'm thinking about getting a small loan to get both cars running, if I get picked up by CHP having three Cars down will make things significantly more difficult logistics wise. That and trying to save for two cars with other bills will take years as opposed to the small monthly it would be for the loan. 4K is about 100t a month and would get both cars running, and finish one of them. What y'all think?

Stopping the world!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #1869
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
So I have a quandary. I'm thinking about getting a small loan to get both cars running, if I get picked up by CHP having three Cars down will make things significantly more difficult logistics wise. That and trying to save for two cars with other bills will take years as opposed to the small monthly it would be for the loan. 4K is about 100t a month and would get both cars running, and finish one of them. What y'all think?
I have strong feelings about this. Do not loan for toys. If you need transportation, don't dick around and get one reliable car working. (Truck?) If you must borrow to do this, then so be it, you can't be without reliable transportation in SoCal. But don't borrow for play things. Who cares if it takes years. Irrelevant.

1st - Essentials
Food, Clothing, Shelter, Transportation, Current Medical, etc.

2nd - Saving and Investing
So you have money for lean times and build for a half decent future and so you can take care yourself when you're older if you make it that far. This should be around 10%+ of your income. (Being hardcore, some people actually put this No. 1, it's called "pay yourself first".)

3rd - Play
Then play things with whatever is left that you can waft off the top. Consumption comes AFTER production. Horse goes BEFORE cart.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #1870
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I have strong feelings about this. Do not loan for toys. If you need transportation, don't dick around and get one reliable car working. (Truck?) If you must borrow to do this, then so be it, you can't be without reliable transportation in SoCal. But don't borrow for play things. Who cares if it takes years. Irrelevant.

1st - Essentials
Food, Clothing, Shelter, Transportation, Current Medical, etc.

2nd - Saving and Investing
So you have money for lean times and build for a half decent future and so you can take care yourself when you're older if you make it that far. This should be around 10%+ of your income. (Being hardcore, some people actually put this No. 1, it's called "pay yourself first".)

3rd - Play
Then play things with whatever is left that you can waft off the top. Consumption comes AFTER production. Horse goes BEFORE cart.
2nd that. Put your truck parts on a low interest credit card.

Although I would argue that hookers should also be under column one somewhere.