Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default Is everyone doing okay out there with the fires?

I just wanted to make sure everyone was doing okay with all these fires everywhere. I know we have some people in Corona and what not. Hope you're all okay.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:11 PM   #2

TONS of smoke in Long Beach.. hope everyone is safe..
Old 11-15-2008, 01:51 PM   #3

Default Fires in CA

Hopefully everyone is doing well and nobody has lost anything to the fires down here. I'm a little nervous since the condo we're buying is about a mile (as of now) from the one in Yorba Linda. I guess it's a good thing we don't own it yet... I've got some pics of what I can see from my place and I'll post them in a bit. Again, hope everyone and their belongings are safe.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

It's like dusk in Fullerton with all the smoke and ash. Very dense.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

I just saw some apartments on fire in another part of Anaheim Hills. They are evacuating people one off ramp away off of Weir Canyon. I still think we're safe as of now. Everything seems a pretty good distance away.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I just saw some apartments on fire in another part of Anaheim Hills. They are evacuating people one off ramp away off of Weir Canyon. I still think we're safe as of now. Everything seems a pretty good distance away.
Yeah it seems like you'll be okay Sean. I'm pretty sure we'll be extremely lucky if the condo makes it. Again, good thing we don't technically own it yet! I'm pretty sure my aunt and uncle's house will be gone also. I've seen the Joubert's house on tv a few times and it's still up, but the house next to it and a house two down the street are both gone. I talked to Louise and it sounds like they made it out okay and are just waiting to see what happens.

Here's some of the pics I took from my parents' house:
Pics
Vid1
Vid2
Old 11-15-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
Resident Avatar Gambler

Glenn, thanks for the phone call man, I appreciate it For everybody wondering, we're doing fine and our place didn't get evacuated. We're going to hang here tonight. We have stuff packed just in case though. Leedom wasn't quite as lucky, the evacuated his house about an hour ago. He seems to think it's probably fairly safe though
Old 11-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #8

The one good thing about this fire is I got let out of Traffic school 2 hours early! I too hope everyones safe and OK up there in Yorba Linda, Corona, and any other areas affected.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Yeah it's a bit crazy seeing all the landmarks going up in smoke that you grew up as well as the new/recent buildings.

Word on the street is that these places are no longer or damaged:

Black and Gold golf course clubhouse (I hope nobody was planning a golf trip there or to get married there anytime soon)

Heypal, reported back stating that the John Force location in Savi Ranch is toast along with a furniture store "thomasville" also got some damages in which the fire sprinklers attacked the furniture. Hey they will have some good deals on soaked furniture.

Brea Olinda High School, a friend who works at the school stated that one of the buildings got some damage, as well as the athletic fields but so far have been able to fend off the fires.

I also hear that we should be boiling our water or using bottled water for the time being in our area.

What else, on yeah, the huge multi million dollar water treatment plant called "valley view circle" on bastancury and lakeview in yorba linda was is the path of destruction. They literally just finished or is within a few months of it being completed.

All of these homes going up on flames don't bode well for my employer/insurance company. We are tightening up on things in the office due to the economy and having to issue out potentially quite a few checks for new homes could put make a dent in our company. Eek....we'll see what kind of emails we get on Monday.

Again, I am very thankful that that the fires seem to have avoided us but very worried about those who we know and love who have been evacuated. So far we've got 6 families/friends who have had to find new homes for the evening. It's gonna be a mess for a while. Eek.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
Yeah it's a bit crazy seeing all the landmarks going up in smoke that you grew up as well as the new/recent buildings.

Word on the street is that these places are no longer or damaged:

Black and Gold golf course clubhouse (I hope nobody was planning a golf trip there or to get married there anytime soon)

Heypal, reported back stating that the John Force location in Savi Ranch is toast along with a furniture store "thomasville" also got some damages in which the fire sprinklers attacked the furniture. Hey they will have some good deals on soaked furniture.

Brea Olinda High School, a friend who works at the school stated that one of the buildings got some damage, as well as the athletic fields but so far have been able to fend off the fires.

I also hear that we should be boiling our water or using bottled water for the time being in our area.

What else, on yeah, the huge multi million dollar water treatment plant called "valley view circle" on bastancury and lakeview in yorba linda was is the path of destruction. They literally just finished or is within a few months of it being completed.

All of these homes going up on flames don't bode well for my employer/insurance company. We are tightening up on things in the office due to the economy and having to issue out potentially quite a few checks for new homes could put make a dent in our company. Eek....we'll see what kind of emails we get on Monday.

Again, I am very thankful that that the fires seem to have avoided us but very worried about those who we know and love who have been evacuated. So far we've got 6 families/friends who have had to find new homes for the evening. It's gonna be a mess for a while. Eek.
My dad and I drove around this morning and we able to get to Savi Ranch without a problem. We had heard Michael's and a furniture as well as John Force's place had burned down, but when we got there we were surprised to see every building in that center still standing. We didn't see any damage to any of the buildings and we figured if there was, there would be at least a few police cars or something to keep people out. We did see a few cars near one of the smaller private businesses that had burned, but that was it. There were a few large groups of people just standing around looking up to the hills of YL to see any devastation.

There's not a lot of you that know them, but the Joubert's house was burned down last night. They showed it on the news last night and zoomed in on it for like 5-10 minutes and I felt so bad for them. The worst part is, only Louise and Sarah are here because their parents are in the middle of a 16 day cruise. I know they were able to get out okay, but I'm not sure how much stuff they were able to save. Obviously they're both incredibly upset, as I'm sure Diana is. We're going to try and get some gift certificates to Nordstroms or something for them so they can go buy some clothes or whatever they need.

We're still unsure of the condo. They showed at least 2 of the buildings from that complex on the news last night and they were completely engulfed. Of course we couldn't tell which buildings they were, but they didn't look like ours. When we drove around this morning, they still had La Palma blocked off at the Honda/Acura dealership, so we weren't able to get back there and check for ourselves.