Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-12-2011, 07:19 AM   #1

Default UH_OH ! 2011 Mustang trans a problem.

http://jalopnik.com/5792482/faulty-c...w-ford-mustang

Some of the Mustang forums are filling up with complaints.

Slipping clutches
Clutch failing completely
Warped flywheels
Sheared pins
Clutch plate disintegration
Slave cylinder failure
Release bearing disintegration
Rough shifting
Hard to engage 1st and 2nd gears
Grinding, banging, and clunking sounds from the transmission

The 6-speed manual is built in China and the clutch assemblies are built in Turkey.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #2

yup, mine was having issues but they did a temporary friction modifier and it has been great ever since. just waiting for the TSB
Old 05-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
The 6-speed manual is built in China
FAIL
Old 05-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

It fails because it fails, not because of where it's built .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Graphics B*tch

The company I work for imports almost everything we sell from China and let me tell you... most of their workmanship and competence is crap to put it mildly.

We have to explain things to our factories like we would a 1st grader and they still fuck it up!

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 05-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
The company I work for imports almost everything we sell from China and let me tell you... most of their workmanship and competence is crap to put it mildly.

We have to explain things to our factories like we would a 1st grader and they still fuck it up!
Thats what happens when you work in a communist country and get paid $5 a day. Thank GOD for free market economies, 2 speed powerglides, 4 speed m-22s.

By the way is this doing this under stock power or with high performance mods?

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:15 AM   #7
I, Vettezuki

I work for a Japanese company with the highest manufacturing standards and procedures for what we do in the world. We have factories in China (and elsewhere) and they turn out product as good as anyone. Actually, when comparing some of the product they put out to the now closed American plant, it's better. That's what my American technician frond who told me, a red blooded Made in the USA kind of guy who was not happy to admit it.

Any American who simply equates China with junk or inability is going to be in for a rude surprise sooner rather than later. Communism is a blip on China's historical radar and it's a very odd form at that. In certain ways, they have a more free pro-entrepreneur market than we do.

IMF Predicts end of Age of America in 2016

It doesn't mean we snap off and sink into the sea by any means, but the age of "we're no. 1, we're no.1" is winding down. The people's of China are unbelievably hungry, hard working, and optimistic about their future. And unlike us, are making *mostly* intelligent long term moves, like buying up distressed capital assets and sources for raw materials. They know what leverage is and they're getting it.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #8

Our govt is allowing American business to get fat off our purchasing power and third world slave wages.

Chinese products = JUNK.

They probably check the first batch or two then the chinese company says "How can we make this cheaper" then the junk arrives.

I know of auto parts store owners that said no more. Buyers wanted the cheap junk and then were Po'd because it failed. The returns were over whelming. My son told me they would order 5 alternators even though they only stocked 2. Why, because the bench test would send 3 back.

Chinese bad mfg put Schwinn bicycles out of business.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by injdinjn View Post
Our govt is allowing American business to get fat off our purchasing power and third world slave wages.

Chinese products = JUNK.

They probably check the first batch or two then the chinese company says "How can we make this cheaper" then the junk arrives.

I know of auto parts store owners that said no more. Buyers wanted the cheap junk and then were Po'd because it failed. The returns were over whelming. My son told me they would order 5 alternators even though they only stocked 2. Why, because the bench test would send 3 back.

Chinese bad mfg put Schwinn bicycles out of business.
Perhaps one key difference is that we run our factories and train the staff to Japanese standards. SPC is in place and there are no differences in what comes off the line.

Interestingly, Buick has been a superior quality product within the Chinese domestic market than it has been until quite recently, in its home market of the US.

There shouldn't really be any barriers at all between trade amongst people around the globe. The exploitation stuff is demonstrably wrong and frankly Marxist in basic theory. Specialization and division of labor is the essence of production efficiency in high order economies; absolute and relative advantages of regions should always be free to float if maximization of total utility is your goal.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #10
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Ben, I think your company is an exception to the rule. Generally speaking Chinese products are completely SUB PAR. Yeah they make the fuck out of finger traps but...

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.