Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-17-2011, 05:23 AM   #1

Default New cap pistol in the family:

I just bought a new Wilson Combat Classic Super Grade a couple of Tuesdays ago and just picked it up from Fowler Gun Room last Sat. Nice gun. Actually a very beautiful gun. Black over stainless, all hand fitted, all bullet proof parts, naturally .45 auto. Haven't shot it yet, just changed the spring down to 14 lb. for target light load status. Came with a 17 lb. installed. I'm kicking around a Nighthawk too. Pretty broke now, and will be for a while.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

No, but seriously I want to see it.

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I totally agree with you, Chuck, but I don't currently have a camera set-up for my computer. I shoot several times a week at the Firing Line in Huntington Beach. I generally shoot at opening time and am out within a half-hour or so. Let me know if you want to come by and check it out sometime. I probably won't always have it with me, as I alternate between several other .45's. I might be able to get a buddy to take a couple of pics this weekend. I generally shoot with a buddy Sunday mornings at 10:00 AM & we're out by about 10:45 AM or so.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #5

I sold my Tussey Custom .45 to a friend many years ago, he kept raising the offer until I said yes. I have been dreaming of buying a Les Baer Custom .45 for a while. I have been shooting for many years.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 02-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
I sold my Tussey Custom .45 to a friend many years ago, he kept raising the offer until I said yes. I have been dreaming of buying a Les Baer Custom .45 for a while. I have been shooting for many years.

Bob
Bob:
I knew Terry pretty well and had a few of his guns years back. I have a Les Baer Premier II, bob, and you are welcome to meet me at the range and you can shoot it. It is not for sale, but if you have never shot a Baer PII, you should do so. You would, naturally, have to use my ammo.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
No, but seriously I want to see it.
Something tells me you did a Dunn & Bradstreet on it and looked up the price. That would explain why you want to see it.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
Something tells me you did a Dunn & Bradstreet on it and looked up the price. That would explain why you want to see it.
I did not, but now I really want to see it. I bought my Sig .45 form Fowler I know they are priced a little high. Though I think its worth it for the how helpful the staff is. I would love to get out to the range with you, Guy (Shaolin Crane) has been asking me. I have no time though, we do need to set up another MG range day!!!

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Wells View Post
Bob:
I knew Terry pretty well and had a few of his guns years back. I have a Les Baer Premier II, bob, and you are welcome to meet me at the range and you can shoot it. It is not for sale, but if you have never shot a Baer PII, you should do so. You would, naturally, have to use my ammo.
Gary,
I will take you up on your offer when I am ready. I will be busy the next few weekends. I am also considering getting a good forged 1911 to send to Terry to perform a tune and add a few features. My friend, who bought the gun from me later, and I went to the desert for a "Hogan's Alley" type shoot over a weekend. We shot 4000 rounds of reloaded semi-wadcutters over the weekend. No one miss fire and no jams. At the end of the day I just sprayed some break free and cycle the gun. I shot well over 20000 rounds through the gun before I sold it. I took it to Terry twice for a through cleaning and tune up. It was the only .45 that would chamber a empty case. Terry used to come down here to OC at the gun show, but I guess he is staying in Reno these days. Thanks for the offer.
'
Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 02-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

When I get a little scratch, I'll be picking up a .45. Probably just gonna start with a dirt simple Rock Island, right off the original Colt dies as I understand.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)