Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-09-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Barry Grant Tech is worthless.

BG Tech used to be great, but this last year it seems that they've let all of their competent techs go. If anyone knows of any decent BG techs please post their name so that I can request them.

The idiot that they have working now won't give me a simple part number. He always has to know all the details of my setup and my problem so that he can make his own diagnosis (which is always wrong). And the last time I spoke with him after arguing and pleading for a part number I got it, but it was the wrong part number! Just got my pump cams in the mail and it clearly states 50cc! I specified 30cc and just after he gave me the number I double checked asking "That's for the 30cc pumps right?" to which he replied, "Uhhh yeah" ...moron!

Now I have to wait another 2-3 weeks for the special order pump cams, and I still have to find the right part number. And I'll have to install them on the car, I have the carb off the car now which is why I ordered the parts two weeks ago.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
BG Tech used to be great, but this last year it seems that they've let all of their competent techs go. If anyone knows of any decent BG techs please post their name so that I can request them.

The idiot that they have working now won't give me a simple part number. He always has to know all the details of my setup and my problem so that he can make his own diagnosis (which is always wrong). And the last time I spoke with him after arguing and pleading for a part number I got it, but it was the wrong part number! Just got my pump cams in the mail and it clearly states 50cc! I specified 30cc and just after he gave me the number I double checked asking "That's for the 30cc pumps right?" to which he replied, "Uhhh yeah" ...moron!

Now I have to wait another 2-3 weeks for the special order pump cams, and I still have to find the right part number. And I'll have to install them on the car, I have the carb off the car now which is why I ordered the parts two weeks ago.
Have you ever tried the Summit Tech line? I've never talked to their techs, but their service and shipping is absolutely first class. There have been several times when I got items I ordered one day later even though it was regular shipping. They also have a near Costco-like return polic. I once returned $900 of wire harness . . . six months after I received it. No problem.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Have you ever tried the Summit Tech line? I've never talked to their techs, but their service and shipping is absolutely first class. There have been several times when I got items I ordered one day later even though it was regular shipping. They also have a near Costco-like return polic. I once returned $900 of wire harness . . . six months after I received it. No problem.
Summit is great, I buy from them when I can. But Summit doesn't carry BG. And Jegs tech had no clue. Found my answer on speedtalk.com though.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I've tried Summit's Tech line. Being a TECH myself I taught them a few things. Won't call them again.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 05-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn64vette View Post
I've tried Summit's Tech line. Being a TECH myself I taught them a few things. Won't call them again.
Yeah it really depends who you get. Sometimes you'll get someone with experience and other times you'll get someone who has to sift through catalogs for their answers.