Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #1

Default UserCP with Updated Subscriptions.

Is there a UserCP link that can be put on the menu bar that takes you to your control panel and gives you a list of subscribed threads that people have responded to and that you haven't read yet?

'My page' doesn't seem to do it, and 'subscriptions' doesn't have the last post info.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango_Boy View Post
Is there a UserCP link that can be put on the menu bar that takes you to your control panel and gives you a list of subscribed threads that people have responded to and that you haven't read yet?

'My page' doesn't seem to do it, and 'subscriptions' doesn't have the last post info.
What last post info are you looking for? When pushing the Subscriptions button on the bar on the My Page, it lists your subscribed threads, sorted by most recent to oldest Reply.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-11-2008, 05:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
What last post info are you looking for? When pushing the Subscriptions button on the bar on the My Page, it lists your subscribed threads, sorted by most recent to oldest Reply.

On other forums the UserCP has a list of threads that you are subscribed to, but not all of them. Say someone responds to this thread while I am away from my computer. Next time I log in and go to my UserCP, this thread would be listed with information like what post count it's on, the last poster, and when. I can click the last post button, and read up. Then say I log off for a few hours and come back, click on UserCP again, but if no one posted in my thread it would not be on that subscription list because no one updated it since I left.

Usually at the bottom, there is an actual Subscription List link that does what ours does and takes you to the list of all subscriptions.

Example, my UserCP at Corvette forum usually has 10 - 15 threads that are active where people are posting so I only see my subscriptions that people are posting in. I can then click my actual subscription list, and I get 85 pages of my 4000+ subscribed threads.

No reason to see all 4000 every time I log in, which is why the smaller list of only active threads is helpful, and a UserCP button from any screen will take me to that updated list and all my links to my profile page.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
On other forums the UserCP has a list of threads that you are subscribed to, but not all of them. Say someone responds to this thread while I am away from my computer. Next time I log in and go to my UserCP, this thread would be listed with information like what post count it's on, the last poster, and when. I can click the last post button, and read up. Then say I log off for a few hours and come back, click on UserCP again, but if no one posted in my thread it would not be on that subscription list because no one updated it since I left.

Usually at the bottom, there is an actual Subscription List link that does what ours does and takes you to the list of all subscriptions.

Example, my UserCP at Corvette forum usually has 10 - 15 threads that are active where people are posting so I only see my subscriptions that people are posting in. I can then click my actual subscription list, and I get 85 pages of my 4000+ subscribed threads.

No reason to see all 4000 every time I log in, which is why the smaller list of only active threads is helpful, and a UserCP button from any screen will take me to that updated list and all my links to my profile page.
I believe the functionality you are looking for is under "Recent Threads" on the Home Page. Just click on the word "Recent Threads" in the "Recent Threads" box. We thought that'd be clever

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #5

Quote:
I believe the functionality you are looking for is under "Recent Threads" on the Home Page. Just click on the word "Recent Threads" in the "Recent Threads" box. We thought that'd be clever

Yeah that's similar except it shows me threads that I have read without posting in and am not subscribed to. Also there are no links to the last post.

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Yeah that's similar except it shows me threads that I have read without posting in and am not subscribed to. Also there are no links to the last post.

Thanks.
Now investigation is required. I'll put it in the list. Give me about a week.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-11-2008, 11:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Now investigation is required. I'll put it in the list. Give me about a week.

Thanks, if you want some examples with explanations I will do some screen captures and outline what I'm talking about. It just makes the UserCP the starting point when you're checking threads that have been active since your last post. Makes things very easy.