Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-01-2009, 04:09 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Charity Event Ideas

Sean was talking to another feller and got the bug for doing a charity event. Great I say! So I've kicked around a couple ideas. Share your thoughts and let us know if this is the kind of thing you'd be interested in participating in and hopefully getting others involved in as well.

METHODS OF RAISING CASH FOR CONTRIBUTION
1 - Day/night at the strip. Limited number of people, charge a bit more than required to rent the track, rack it off and send to target charity.
2 - Car show. Charge entrance fee, maybe give out a couple awards or something, rack off the difference and send to charity.
3 - Simple raffle. Buy tickets, winner takes some percentage of pot, difference goes to charity.
4 - Something else?

If raising cash contribution, there are many great possibilities. Here are a couple seed ideas:
National
- Wounded Warrior
- Kids Wish Network
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

Local
- Orange County/LA Rescue Missions

Alternatively we could do a food drive in November and/or a Toys for Tots drive in December, and people could just bring appropriate items to the meet.

Feel free to look up ideas. Check out http://www.bbb.org/us/charity/ for research and share them.

Let's just start here and keep the conversation open to come up with something workable. Remeber, the point of charity is not to try and change the world in one fell swoop, but to make a personal, direct, and targeted difference in another person's life who could use the help.

And no Brutal, your engine fund doesn't quite qualify as a charity.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #2

My church car club is doing a toy drive for this Christmas. We are having our monthly cruise in this Sat and I will get more info.
Last year what we did was collect toys, met at the Church and drove to the women's shelter and donated the toys to the kids.

Cruisin in RSM does a raffle every week. all proceeds go to Ronald Macdonald house.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
And no Brutal, your engine fund doesn't quite qualify as a charity.
How did you know I was going to bring that up? Are you "pyhsick"?
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
My church car club is doing a toy drive for this Christmas. We are having our monthly cruise in this Sat and I will get more info.
Last year what we did was collect toys, met at the Church and drove to the women's shelter and donated the toys to the kids.

Cruisin in RSM does a raffle every week. all proceeds go to Ronald Macdonald house.
I'd be interested in both - definitely keep us posted
Old 09-02-2009, 08:31 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . . Cruisin in RSM does a raffle every week. all proceeds go to Ronald Macdonald house.
How does the raffle work? There are a couple ways to do them.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Sean was talking to another feller and got the bug for doing a charity event. Great I say! So I've kicked around a couple ideas. Share your thoughts and let us know if this is the kind of thing you'd be interested in participating in and hopefully getting others involved in as well.

METHODS OF RAISING CASH FOR CONTRIBUTION
1 - Day/night at the strip. Limited number of people, charge a bit more than required to rent the track, rack it off and send to target charity.
2 - Car show. Charge entrance fee, maybe give out a couple awards or something, rack off the difference and send to charity.
3 - Simple raffle. Buy tickets, winner takes some percentage of pot, difference goes to charity.
4 - Something else?
2 & 3 sound good to me
Old 09-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #7

The raffle works like this. TGIFridays donates 3-4 items. cheap stuff, Those cheap tool sets, car themed mugs or coffee cups, maybe those cheap bag chairs or gift cards. They give those away, then they have a 50-50 winner. That winner gets half of the pot and the other half goes to the charity. Some weeks the 50-50 is 150 bucks.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
Graphics B*tch

I say we try and do a 50/50 or something at every meet. Not totally sure how everyone whould react to it but it is worth a shot.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 09-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #9
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
The raffle works like this. TGIFridays donates 3-4 items. cheap stuff, Those cheap tool sets, car themed mugs or coffee cups, maybe those cheap bag chairs or gift cards. They give those away, then they have a 50-50 winner. That winner gets half of the pot and the other half goes to the charity. Some weeks the 50-50 is 150 bucks.
I might be able to get my boss at work to donate some of our cheaper items like a travel mug with the Ford logo, Neon clock with a C5 logo. Things like that. People could enter in for a clock lets say and if they win they can pick what they want and can have it to them at the next meet or we can mail it.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 09-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Still contemplating. Keep the info and ideas coming.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)