View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 12:44 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Default Project Log

December 31, 2008: Decided on RX-7 with Forced Induction SBF. See this thread for history of discussion.

January 3, 2009: Purchased 1987 Gen II RX-7, began stripping.
January 4: Removed engine and trans, continued to strip harness and clean. Decided to make the car minimally streetable, with "show car" registration
January 5: Received Engine and Trans from joedls. Continued to clean.
January 6-7: Continued cleaning and stripping
January 9: Purchased pair of Avenger 195cc Heads
January 10: Received Electric fan from kdracer73
January 11: Continued cleaning and stripping. Transferred to 94cobra69ss396 for caging. Caging begun.
January 23: Received Heads
January 24: Ron continued Work on Cage
January 28: Picked up Alt + Starter
January 29: Removed stock heads, began cleaning block in prep for paint. Discovered valves in new heads won't work with current pistons.
February 4: Ron Completed Cage
February 8: Purchased Carburetor, checked cam, continued stripping down and cleaning engine.
February 13: Picked up blower from Joe
February 14: Joe dropped off oil pan. Picked up SBC Crossmember, TKO Trans Mount, DS, and MC from buddy.
March 1: Joe acquired Scatter shield at swap meet.
March 13: Ron completed fabricating installing modified trans cross member and fabricating motor mounts, including fitment checks
March 14: Ron dropped off RX-Snake back my house
March 21: Full day group effort on body prep
March 22: joedls dropped off scatter shield and blower intake
March 25: Death Cult Aaronmageddon began working on front bumper, I began removing sound deadening material, etc.
March 28: Death Cult worked on Front Bumper, I continued removing harness, sound material, etc.
March 29: DC continued with front bumper, I did msc, clean and prep, big2bird dropped off C5 radiator for trial
March 30: DC continued with front bumper,
April 3: Major patio and garage cleaning
April 6: Received Renagate shifter
April 10: Worked with DC on front bumper and misc stripping cleaning
April 12: Major cleanup of work area
April 13: Pull internals from engine with Ron.
April 19: Began stripping the remnants of the sou
nd insulation with a Scotch Brite pad
April 24: DC worked on the bumper
May - August Front and rear bumper fabrication related work, engine dissassembly and lots of tidbits
September - June: Here and there on the front and rear bumpers, and getting the blower sorted.

We're back yo!
June 8, 10: Front and rear bumper, body work, etc.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Last edited by Vettezuki : 06-07-2010 at 12:51 AM.