View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 12:20 PM   #73
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
His experience of building with them. On a moderate street performance motor like mine, nothing actually shows up as an objective advantage in the data. It's not that they are terrible, just the ROI isn't there. He had technical spiel about why GM OE lifters are overall better for moderate applications but I don't recall the details. Real high performance motors was a different story. The LS7 lifters seem to be the go to for street motor rebuilds. I think that's what Nate uses for that matter.

Ryder, so other than the reluctor, the L76 rotating assembly can go into an LQ9 (Gen III 6L Iron block)?

I'll know about the block and heads today hopefully. If they are ok, probably stay with stock displacement and essentially same cam to avoid the cascade of other costs, like a retune, before which I'd want to do headers, which includes new cats, a cross-member rework, etc. $1k~ in rods and crank starts to look like $4k real fast. Meaning my <$4k rebuild including all parts and labor starts to look like $8k. Cars!
Its a a Johnson lifter, which is the OE for nearly everyone. There is nothing a johnson lifter does better than a link bar, I repeat nothing. I will never use a stock style lifter on anything ever again, especially on a LS that uses a plastic tray to locate the lifter. They spin all the time and its usually from mid rpm harmonics than anything. I can give you all kinds of facts, threads, blah blah but no lifter will do anything better than a link bar except cost.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!