View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #29
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
And tell me why 93-97 Rangers run the same one piece flared front end that the later trucks do. (See below) I'd like to see you transfer the front end of a 94 Mustang onto your car. If you can do this, I will give you my car.
Guess what, you can also get a flared fiberglass F-150 front end for your ranger as well and it looks like it was always part of the look of the truck when you use custom parts to prove your point. you can convert your 87 ranger to the front end of a 94 ranger with a conversion clip front end too. I for sure could blend a customer made front end of a 94 mustang to the front of my 03 mustang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Yes I know about the I beams, and actually, unless you own your own fab shop and can move the motor back, move the frame in, so that you can move the a-arms in far enough and make them long enough for decent travel, I beams are the way to go. Which would be... 2nd gen right?
That statement is a matter of opionion. There are pros and cons to both suspensions, but if I had my choice I would go a-arm. Granted it would be a widened a-arm to get more travel but still an a-arm (can get up to 17" of travel without changing motor location or frame). The camber change is more suitable for stability in my mind. The i-beam are a tough suspension though and easy to get A LOT of travel out of (16"-20"+). I would be happy with either out in the dirt. And yes, 2nd gen ranger in my eyes is the I beam from 93-97

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten