Thread: Japan 2015
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 04:58 AM   #1
pain's fun, hit me again

Default Japan 2015

Before I start here's the whole album to peruse since its a couple thousand pictures and I can't post them all. Gopro videos from my pack rig i'm still working on
http://s524.photobucket.com/user/Sha...?sort=3&page=1

Pretty sure I mentioned it to everyone but for the past few weeks I was in Japan backpacking. Thanks to some incessant pestering of Ben I was able to make it happen. I went solo cause that's how I prefer to do most things anyhow.

First three days Tokyo.
Landed around 3pm in the afternoon and it was raining and hot, like carrying around a wet dog. Whatever jet lag is supposed to feel like I didn't have it I was ready to get my ass to Tokyo. First things first, I go to exchange my exchange order to get my train pass. After an hour or so train ride I arrive in Tokyo and cram into the local Yamanote line to my hotel, after realizing that google maps walking nav is fucking worthless and after getting lost for about an hour I found my hotel. Check in, dump my shit and rush to make my dinner reservation.

I finally make it to the restaurant after getting lost again, and sit down. Everyone at the bar is very apprehensive about my presence, and after awkward staring from the chef and the locals, he asks me why I came to Japan. I explain that I teach Shorinji Kempo and that I wanted to see the sights related to martial arts and he and his wife start to laugh loudly, the whole demeanor of the restaurant changed. Now everyone wants to hear the stories I have about teaching and fighting, the locals at the end of the bar have the one who spoke english very well to ask "can we make buff with Sensei?" Make buff? Oh you mean flex, uh, sure I guess.

Now mama and papa wanted to take a picture too

It was a late night and the locals were trying to buy me sake to drink with, after explaining that i've never tasted alcohol, one of the older gentleman at the bar with his wife walked over to me and shook my hand and in broken english said "I wish my daughter could have married an american like you"
We all exchanged cards and I left to go crash.
Next morning I hit the city early to see what I wanted
Center tokyo there was a famous shrine on the way to the Katana Museum

After getting lost, again and walking around again for a couple hours I finally find the museum

Unfortunately the museum did not allow pictures, but didnt say anything about video
From the museum I head over to the park. For whatever reason the park names are drawing a blank since there were so many but when I remember i'll edit

I'm having some issues with photobucket so i'll continue it after I work them out.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!