View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Yikes!

I have no idea about turbo 4s, but it's pretty common on boosted LS series (at least) applications for guys to do Speed Density tunes and ditch the MAF altogether. I don't know that much about it, but from what I understand it uses formulas relating to volumetric efficiency and measured manifold pressure, temp, etc.. Bottom line, there is no MAF and therefore, no MAF related failure to worry about. They cost more and the tuner had better know what he's doing. A MAF tune is much easier to do and therefore it's what most people go with. Anyway, maybe just something to research for the future.
Speed density isnt out for our cars yet. soon we will be able to ditch the MAF haha.

So, today was the moment of truth. 3 cylinders except for 1 blew a 143+ psi. the 1 cylinder blew 94....... The turbo inlet sucking unmetered air through the turbo, Literally sucking air right into the turbo using no intake, inlet , nada. it had slipped off while doing a mild pull. Possibly ran so lean and kabooom.... Time to look into a Cosworth shortblock..