View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 11:47 AM   #31
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
My wife's MX-5 is the best handling car I've driven by a mile. Even at 170HP, considering it weighs 2,400 lbs, it's still a hoot in canyons and what not. I don't know at what point you'd just be radically overpowering the chassis, but I figure something in the 300 range to the wheels would be about it and stil have anything like a controllable car. FDs are a different story, probably into the 500s and it'd still be very controllable. These are my impressions anyway.

I'm a believer in balance between power and chassis. When somehting is overpowered, the driver starts to (justifiably) stay away from the throttle because of going sideways, crazy power-on oversteer, etc.. that makes one slower, not faster. Of course straight line is a somewhat (not completely) different story, but I'm talking about power in regards to chassis/handling.
I like to be scared
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!