View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 01:11 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
. . . If you want to put a dead car in the middle of the road taking up both lanes around a blind corner at night with the lights off... then anyone is going to hit. You're talking about luck, I'm talking about control.
Sure, but the result of hitting it at 40mph vs. 80mph is catastrophic.

Quote:
And yes, part of being in control of the car is knowing the track conditions and not pushing the road unless you can do so safely.
My point is, unless you pre-drive just before making a high-speed pass AND have spotters on a 2-way, you CANNOT know the "track" conditions. Listen, I push a little, but well below the limits of the Vette or even myself. That is what race tracks are for. Period.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)