View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Tape a flashlight to the frame
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...e/viewall.html

Quote:
During the race, co-driver George Wintersteen hit a Morgan Plus 4 on the banking, ripping off the lower front fiberglass fascia. The solution? Flashlights were taped to the fenders, and Penske told Guldstrand to get behind the wheel. "But I'm going to die, Mr. Penske." "That's all right, Guldstrand, get out there!" Goldie couldn't see the track, but he latched onto a pair of taillights and hung on. "I noticed I was turning 200-300 rpm faster than I'd ever turned; it was a prototype Ferrari that I was chasing. I set an all-time record for GT cars at three in the morning." The Vette won the GT class, finishing ninth overall.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)