View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Brodom
Default Lowering Shock/Struts...everything ever...

So I'm paranoid and confused now cuz I keep hearing different things and am really looking for a couple of yes's/no's/what the hell is wrong with yous...
After consulting sever different people I figured I'd ask you guys because I think I trust you over everyone else as far as car advice goes...

So here is the skinny...
I have H&R Super Sport Spring with some new isolators
Front Drop: 1.75in. Spring Rate 700-760 lb/in
Rear Drop: 1.6in. Spring Rate 275-300 lb/in

Stock Shocks and Struts 77,000 miles

I have heard several different things as to what else I'll need and what I'm looking for is a yes or no...

I know I need C/C plates with the amount of drop I'll have... my main concern is shocks and struts.

I've heard they are a must/not so much/not at all.
Specifically...
1) Without new shocks and struts the stock ones can wear faster...heard to be not true
2)Also ride quality will suffer...I think I am ok with feeling more bumps in the road...not a Cadillac anyways...and i'd like to feel the road more as it is
3) I have also heard with such a high spring rate that if i hit a pothole or something (which is about never) the rebound would be so fast that I could blow out the shock on the given tire/s because the gas would not be able to decompress/compress as fast. True or False or Probably?

Basically I'd like to avoid buying shocks if I don't have too, but I also do not want to replace them in 6 months either... thoughts? I know leedom has helped me a little already but looking for more input.
Thanks Alex

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pony eats rice for breakfast...