View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 05:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of $2k (Anthony got his for $900, but I'm guessing that's below average). There this kinda cool site I know, it might be a fun way to promote it. .

BTW, I know it's fun to say max torque at 0 rpm, but when we launch our cars hard we're close to max torque from launch, which is what counts. Serious auto drag cars with trans brake and hi stall TCs launch with more torque than the engine's peak torque. (Torque multiplication factor.)
Whoa... You can find 4-banger notch Mustangs all day long for under 1K. Real 5.0 notches don't come up often & typically are ragged out & fetch 2K-7K. The 5.0 hatches & convertibles either still don't rate or there are still too many of them out there to demand much over 1-2K unless it's inabove average condition and low mileage. With patience; there are some great deals out there.....
My '89 2.3 notch I bought for $500, my first '89 vert was $800, & the current '89 'vert was indeed $900.... All needed some "medium work" \ money invested to get into driver condition & of course more too go above that IMHO....