View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #1

Talking Buttonwillow driver's clinic, Feb 25 2012

I know, I know, this is last minute. I have a bad habit of doing this Reason this time is that my girlfriend was going to come with us to El Toro last week but when she heard of this, she wanted to go and bailed on the El Toro event. I told her I wanted to do El Toro also... and I said "fugg it" I'll do the Buttonwillow event too.

This is on a real road course type of setup, I think they have a separate area for skid pad work. They will likely have less crowd than we had at El Toro, when I signed up last week, they only had 25 or so cars. My understanding is we do exercises in the morning and go out on the track for the afternoon, a buddy of a buddy is going to be there with a Z06 carbon, he told me you get a lot of track time.

Here's a cut/paste of an email I sent to my "car guy" list:

-------------------------------

clinic info:
http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/clinic.htm

track map:
http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/i..._01_config.gif

video of time attack champ FD (sick ass car, this thing is nuts)

speedventures s2k challenge last month... these guys are hauling ass, it's hard to tell in the video but anyone who runs around the 2 minute mark on this track with street tires is fast as shit
me and fisa are going next Saturday, going to drive up late friday night and stay at a shitty hotel and get up early next day and drive back down afterwards. It's pretty far away, like 140 miles each way... lmk man.
we've both been on that track before, it's really fun. This event is instructional in that you get to do car exercises in the morning (skid pad, car control, etc.) and then get to drive the afternoon on the track.
it's an awesome track.

-mike

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.