View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 06:29 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Thanks for the great info. The big difference is the torque from an electric motor (easily upwards of 600 ft lbs, depending on motor chosen), is pretty stout. What are the gnarliest engines using an 8.8" with 3.55 - 4.11 gears and sticky tires?
Adam over at S.T.Motorsports is the preimminent Mustang "tuner" over here in the San Berdo area. "Big John" whom works for him and Adam's Dad both have turbo V8 foxbodies that both run well into the 10's with 8.8 diffs. All of them were at the Private Track Day by the way; tuning all those newer steeds with wipple chargers that Adam installed & tuned. I think all of them were running into the 10's(?). Adam's really good at what he does IMHO..... Little tid bit: My car was the first one Adam ever tuned.... He'd just installed his own dyno & bought the Diablo software when I went to find a tuner many moons ago....
Anyways, I think you're right about the 9" being the choice for handling the electric power train's immediate high torque load. Currie makes a nice "bolt in & go" 9" that I believe is called the "fab 9".......