View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 01:14 AM   #2
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
As many of you know, my wife and I are on vacation and we're going to Yellowstone. The first leg of our trip has us spending the night in Salt Lake City - about a 9 hour drive from home. So we leave this morning and we have a nice brisk drive through Nevada and Arizona.

We get to Utah however and it's a different story. Everyone drives SLOW here and nobody seemed to understand that on a 2 lane road you get over to the right to let faster cars by. So we're at about hour 5 in our trip and I finally get some open road. We're in the middle of NOWHERE and the speed limit is 75mph so I have the cruise control set somewhere in the 85mph range.

As we were driving I was monitoring the rearview mirror but I was looking for Crown Vics. Unfortunately the Highway Patrol in Utah drives Dodge Chargers. I realized that right as one was lighting me up

Anyway, the officer was nice overall. He wrote me up for 80mph but said he had actually clocked me at 89mph

No question I deserved the ticket. The only thing that bothers me at all is that I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE AND I COULD HAVE BEEN GOING 150mph WITHOUT BOTHERING ANYBODY! Heypal told me that I should just look at this as my contribution to the Obama wealth distribution plan though so I guess I'm okay with it

For the record though:

Cars with no tickets:
Mustang GT
Camaro SS
Cobra 1
Cobra 2

Cars with tickets:
Ford Edge

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten