View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I am really disappointed that the Stingray doesn't have a dual clutch option. After the GTR was release Porsche developed the PDK, Audi's DSG was completely re- engineered, and with the Audi the Lambo gearbox obviously was re-worked. It worth a second down the quarter much more on a road coarse. I'm saving for the PPG t-56 gearset. $4700 for parts, but worth 4 seconds at VIR. Why is everything so expensive?
Is it worth THAT much time? I thought maybe hundredths and tenths, which add up of course, but not seconds. That's fucking epic! Am I misunderstanding what you're talking about?

I know the LFA, which is several hundred thousand dollars was originally designed with a dual clutch, but they specifically went back to a single clutch for feel and "involvement". Since it's not a track car they thought the loss of a couple hundredths here and there wasn't a big deal.

If we're talking about a small amount of time my guess is GM made the money calculation that it was more important to keep the base price down. The value equation for Corvette is critical. Remember the base Vette is in the 50s. The GT-R is in the 90s. Even the base 911 is in the 80s.

As for your PPG gearset, it costs that much because they can get it. The only rule of pricing there is.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)