View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Bringing her back online

Well, dropped off the Vette this weekend with ls1z28. He poked around yesterday and whatever the ticking sound is, it's nothing accessible with the engine in the car. He doesn't think it's cam bearings, mostly because oil pressure never drops out of spec and he says when the LS gets sloppy tolerances they tend to lose quite a bit of pressure. He'll still check of course, but his guess is maybe wrist-pin. In any event, we'll find out. Engine comes out and apart this week.

While it's out "probably" drop in some new lifters (Rhoads variable duration is a top candiate since it is fundamentally a street car) and reseal anything even vaguely tired looking. I DON'T think I'll lower compression with a thicker HG because I'm expecting some of my 91 octane summer knocking is because of the rather high backpressure I have, which will go away with headers and hi-flow cats.

If it turns out to be something more ominous or potentially catastrophic, not sure what I'll do. Not a fan of throwing money at losers.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)