Thread: I'm back
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 10:39 PM   #12
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
Well it's on the final lap of the build so to speak. The last couple little parts are trickling in still. I had the motor broken in on the engine dyno. It was 652hp and 595 torque at the crank. Its a stroker based on a 6.0 out of a G8 GT. Had 0821 castings (LS3) when I got it. Paid 550 for the motor. Got a dss forged assembly, 4 inch stroker crank and 4.030 pistons. Brian Toomey Racing NA stroker cam, Johnson Link bar lifters, trunnion upgraded stock rockers, LS3 intake valves, .660 dual springs. Heads were ported, 102 fast intake, 102 Nick Williams throttle body, 1000cc FICs (got em for $400), fast rails, volant cold air kit. DW300 in tank pump, -8feed, -6 return, Fuelab external filter and external regulator.

Going to tune it on E85 so I should be looking at 550 hp at the wheels. The torque curve is insane, on the engine dyno It made 500trq+ from 3000rpm to respond which is at 6500rpm right now. Its pretty solid for an NA build I think. Going to mainly flog it in the canyons and road courses like Fontana.
That's essentially what I did with my LS7 but I kept the stock LS7 cam and went with Lingenfelter heads with Ferrea valves.
I'd stay away from E85 though
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!