View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #9

Yes yes yes!!!! You guys are all welcome and have badass cars to boot! I know for me, 1/2 the fun is seeing the other machines, and as much as I like Porsches, it's kinda boring when everyone has one there lol. Don't get me wrong, just look at the driver's list as the event draws closer... you'll see all kinds of cars.

Would be great to have you out there. I think we all would learn a lot and have a great time. The point of the event is to practice "screwing around with your car" in a controlled environment with an instructor to point you in the right direction. Since it's winter time, air should be cooler... and this place is close to sea level too so everyone's car should be running with good power!

You don't need crazy brake or tire upgrades or anything really, just bring you, the car, some water, sunscreen, a hat, and you're good! Auto-x the next day will require a helmet though.

And if you're up to it, there is an autocross the very next day at the same place!!! I know of one guy on here who is gonna do that... now I'm tempted to do the same Maybe get a hotel in the irvine area on Sat night. What do you guys think?

Really, it's soooooooooooo much fun. Nothing to run into either. Well, except a corner worker or a cone. Either one will buff right out

EDIT: I should add that they have events at that venue (El Toro) practically monthly, so if you miss it no biggie. There will be plenty more!! At least for this year, from what I gather they have some kind of contract for 2012. I think DE (driver's education) are once a year and autocross runs for the remainder. Poke around the PCA OCR site, should explain it all.

2001 DC4 Acura Integra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.