Thread: Japan 2015
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 11:11 PM   #45
pain's fun, hit me again

This was a pretty big moment for me. Miyamoto Musashi was a huge inspiration in training, and ultimately becoming an instructor of Toyama Ryu Battojutsu. That I got to stand in the exact place that the originator of Diasho, one of my sword styles stood, was very cool.

I had a LONG day ahead of me and since there was only one more ferry for the next 6 hours I had to leave.
I made my way back to the train to Kobe, for one thing, beef.

Now I had a nifty little booking.com snafu in the booking site said .4km from the train station that turn into 4km since I couldn't climb a mountain. Wouldn't have been a big deal if Mt Rokko didn't allow buses or taxis so it took a LONG time to walk the distance.

It was really beautiful up in the mountains

Finally got to my room with just enough time to shower, change and head to dinner.

It really was in the boonies and my navigation wasn't all that great on my phone. Luckily a gorgeous Japanese woman asked me if I needed help in clear as day english, saved me big time.

Downtown Kobe was a cultural melting pot. More foreigners than Tokyo easily.

Finally at my Michellin Rated Kobe Steakhouse.

This is what A5 Kobe beef at $1 a gram costs.

Now let me say, I heard about it, read about it, tasted American equivalents, and I can assure you it is even better than I can convey. The texture was like marscapone cheese but a tremendous rich beef flavor. Now after cutting and preparing the steak. This is what is deemed suitable to serve as the main course.

The rest of the beef with the tougher portions was finely chopped and pressed to a piece of toast and fried on the grill and was uniquely outstanding.
Now since I stayed way up in the secluded mountain the walk back was a bit different, no taxis, no buses, and no street light, just pitch black. After seeing this same sign over and over I tried to make out what it said since my hiragana is not great, I was able to figure out that it said "Beware of bears" Awesome.
Since I was only there for steak I left for Nara.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!