View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #7
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Alternatively you could buy a Samsung Galaxy S3 now. We pre-ordered one for Alexis this morning. It has a qualcomm dual-core S4 processor with 2GB of ram, so it's fairly future proof. People were upset because the world GS3 has a quad-core processor, but the S4 is A15 based and the quad-core Exynos is A9 based. Based on everything I've seen they're about equal with the S4 actually producing better benchmarks. The camera is fantastic. It's the same Sony sensor from the iPhone4S. Shutter speed is instant and it has a 3 picture burst mode. It also can record video in 1080p. It has a removal battery and sd card slot which are two things the iPhone doesn't. It's nice to be able to expand your memory for cheap or to swap out a battery if necessary. The stock battery is 2100mah and is supposed to have excellent life.

It's a thin phone, but it's bigger than your X, where as the iPhone5 will be smaller. I don't mind the size, but then again I would buy a Note if it were available on Verizon. My main gripe with the GS3 is the screen. It is 720p, but it's pentile matrix which means it only uses 2 subpixels per pixel instead of 3. I don't like pentile matrix screens because they don't look as sharp as a true RGB screen, but it doesn't seem to bother most people.

It also has an unlocked bootloader which is really important IMHO for an Android phone. This allows you to flash custom kernals and roms.

Since you're already in the Android ecosystem, I'd buy an SG3 now. It should do everything you require and then some.