View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
I totally understanad the open trunk, but with the hood open won't that counteract the downforce effects. Plus how do you drive? With your head out the window wouldn't that increase your drag coefficent?
Actually....the downforce is created by the way the air is drawn trhough the front, under the car and then pushed back out the back end....it really makes the car hold the road well and cuts down on body roll.

Almost as if it's sitting still....

Speaking of big ol' wings...you should have seen thie Dodge Viper I came upon near my house in RSM as I was driving home from the event. It is red with a silver stripe and a "3" on the side. The wing was gigantic...looked like it belonged on a Hummer H2.

The Viper sounded like pure evil tho'
It was supercharged. I love those cars....just personally not a fan of the big wing look.
Kinda wished I'd been there in my 68 Camaro so I could have tried my luck against it. But I was in the GN with the boost turned way down and the alky shut off, so I didn't even try. He took off pretty quick.
The Camaro has a ZZ502 (makes about 550HP and 575 TQ) and a TKO600 5- speed...it's pretty quick