View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #36
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
So the Ferrari transmission at least the older ones, actually release one gear and grab another very quickly. There is a moment in time where there is no forward driving force. Dual clutch transmissions like Nissan, Porsche, and BMW use two clutches. One cut he is engaged and upon up shift the second clutch grabs the next gear and the first clutch free wheels then positions on the next gear. This results in a continuos application of driving force. It's faster and cheaper. They are worth a few MPH and about 1/2 a second.
Cheaper than what? How? That's surprising to me, but I don't deeply understand the tech and the differences. I imagined something more complex (expensive) than a standard manual transmission.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)