View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #101
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
The "spirit" of hot rodding goes back to the Model T. Taking a general purpose car, and making it lower, wider, faster, safer, lighter, and of course more fun. Pursue the spirit. It never died.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
The "apex" of hot rodding is placing the modern in the old. My old friend, now deceased, Stan Betz glorified this before he died with his 2032, or 2000duece.
He installed a Lincoln in a repop all metal duece.
http://www.customclassictrucks.com/f...ept/index.html
That kid, Shawn I think, owns the Muffler Man next door to OC driveline owns a Northstar engine, complete with 30,000 miles for $400. Stick THAT in the back seat of an old Nova. You can still find them for under $1,000. Darrow passed on one for $800 in SD.
Hell ya, mid engine Nova with 2000 tech.
Sure, but I think more of us are concerned with acceleration that having FI & a computer.

I think you have it in for Jap econo rockets, more than you do for other econo rockets. The Shelby Cobra was a 4 banger British car originially wasn't it? If we had the budget for something like that, we'd do it. But what's on the table is a 3500lb Mustang or a 2500lb RX7. And although the Mustang has that cool muscle factor, I'd rather have the extra second in the quarter.