View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 06:13 PM   #105
I, Vettezuki

Should have it back by Saturday. As always, just little gotchas.

The Energy Suspension poly engine mounts slightly relocate the engine and the DS no longer reaches, so I'll have to go back to the OE mounts.

Changed the AC bracket to a non-rednuck POS, OE looking Holly unit. Unfortunately, this means running down another belt.

Head cross-over pipe gasket, a dealer only item that had to be ordered.

But really, just about there.

The Luk Pro Gold clutch (supposedly LS7 OE+) is way-the-fuck beefier than the McLeod single plate street performance clutch. Also, the FW is a kind of lightened cast piece instead of aluminum. At first I was slightly butt hurt about this, but in reality I'm not doing any road racing where spinning up absolutely fast as possible is the goal. The heavier FW actually should help with street manners, namely getting away from a light; slightly less likely to bog off idle because of the rotational inertia while the clutching is engaging.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)